Life

Happy 2014!

Happy 2014, G&G readers, followers, and friends! May your new year bring with it health, happiness, and abundance. Thank you for your continued support, comments, tweets, and virtual love!

nye-2014
Celebrating New Year’s Eve last night…

Please let me know in the comments if there is anything in particular you’d like to see more of here on G&G. I’m going to get off my you-know-whatty and try to make it happen!

Guy Style

The Tale of My (Almost) Vintage Louis Vuitton Bag: Part 1

1. January 1, 2014 at 1:35 pm — Reply

Happy New Year all the way from Portugal!
    I’ve been following G&G for quite some time and I really love to read about your thoughts and musings. I’m also passionate about your outfit posts, they are truly inspiring IMO. xoxo

• January 2, 2014 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Hi Tany, happy new year! Thanks for letting me know what you like seeing here on G&G. I will try to do more outfit posts this year!

2. January 1, 2014 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Happy New Year, Vahni!

I really loved your personal posts this past year! My favorite ones were on your tinnitus and being in your 40s.
    Courtney’s latest post: Goodbye, Little Hannah: Coping With the Loss of a PetMy Profile

• January 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm — Reply

Hi Courtney, happy new year! Thanks for sharing what you like here on G&G. Those posts are the kinds I prefer these days, so I’ll keep striving to share more like them.

3. January 1, 2014 at 5:03 pm — Reply

I really love this Halston dress and thats a seriously fabulous mask you busted out! I always enjoy the diverse content you share so I have nothing for suggestions.
    Bri’s latest post: The Finding Of A GemMy Profile

• January 2, 2014 at 3:26 pm — Reply

Thanks, Bri, for your comment and support!

4. January 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm — Reply

Hey V! You looked great for your NYE celebration! I miss your outfit posts, but I pretty much love everything you put up here. So just…more? S’il vous plait?
    Whitney’s latest post: Silence The Nancy’sMy Profile

• January 2, 2014 at 3:18 pm — Reply

Hi sweets! Thank you. Will try to do more outfit posts in 2014. I think I’m kind of scarred seeing so many cheesy fashion blogger OOTD photos…I almost feel I’ve outgrown it. But I will try!

5. January 4, 2014 at 11:57 am — Reply

Happy New Year, V! Looks like you had a fun night. 😉 I would love to see more outfit and health posts. You’re such a good writer and I look forward to seeing what’s next for your blog!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH’s latest post: Look :: Three YearsMy Profile

• January 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm — Reply

Hi Steph, happy new year to you too! Thanks for your kind words and support, and for letting me know what you’re interested in seeing more of here on G&G. I appreciate it very much. Happy 2014, honey!

6. January 5, 2014 at 9:58 am — Reply

Hey V,

Happy New Year hope you have a good one. I’ve gone through your archive from this last year and pulled out some of my favourite posts. No surprise that there’s plenty to choose from as your probably my fave blogger. I can’t put my finger on why but everything on your blog seems a perfect balance theres never too much of one type of post but just enough to wet the appetite. I didn’t mind either that your post frequency slowed down in the second half of the year as it just made me look forward to each one a little more.

But anyway I hope this works, this is some of my favourite content from you over the last 12 months:

The Personal:

This is Middle Age
    The Journey to Self Acceptance Series

The Fashion:

Are You A Heels Kinda Girl?
    Aussie Bloggers Do It Best

The Health:

Strong is the New Skinny
    Stepping Away From The Scale

Blogging:

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be a Pro Blogger
    Responding To Comments: Why it Matters
    Tips for Balancing Social Media and Your Relationships

And finally the deadly sins series which I didn’t know where to put :-)

Also just realised this will be your 9th year blogging, which is a huge achievement! Just the other day I was clicking through my old posts and checking out comments left on there. When I clicked through on to a lot of their blogs most had either given up or just slowed down to one post every six months.

Keep up the good work!
    Arash Mazinani’s latest post: What Are Your New Year Goals?My Profile

• January 5, 2014 at 10:10 am — Reply

Wow, Arash, thank you so much for the time you put into this comment, and for the feedback! I’ve actually been at it 8 years, but I will take the congrats because as you said, a lot of bloggers bail after a year or two. I never thought I’d be at it this long, believe me! It’s been a ton of work, but it’s my baby, and I can’t just quit it!

I love that the posts you chose are most of my personal faves too, and that they are more editorial than pictorial. Most of the ones you chose took me hours and hours to write, but the fact that they resonated not just with you, but many others, means it’s all worth it. I will endeavor to bring you all more depth, more of my discoveries, more of what we both like to see here on G&G.

Now I’m over to your blog to say Happy 2014!