WVW: What V Wore

WVW: Flowers and Butterflies*

Flowers, butterflies…and almost no black. Yes. Believe it.

I recently had a wonderful opportunity to visit gorgeous Childress Vineyards in Lexington, North Carolina for the first time. I attended for the supremely elegant 50th anniversary party of my aunt and uncle, and also played photographer. I was mesmerized by the venue and can’t wait to go back; because I’m on my inaugural #Whole30 (as some of you know), I couldn’t sample a single drop of the wines produced there!

Thought I’d share a few shots with you, so this is a picture-heavy post.

*WVW: What V Wore:
Double Zara. And I don’t care.

With my favorite lady: Mom.

In the vineyard’s foyer. The details were just exquisite!

My aunt’s wedding dress is on display in the background. It sure didn’t look 50 years old!
I did not get to have a bite of that lovely cake. :(

Her wedding shoes and jewelry.

A butterfly to match my dress. I saw it as I was leaving the event. I scrambled for my camera, and it posed for me!

PS: If you’re ever in NC, you must visit Childress Vineyards. It is breathtaking!

Seven Deadly Sins Series: GLUTTONY

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be a Pro Blogger

1. August 14, 2013 at 12:53 am — Reply

I love your dress! It’s gorgeous. So elegant, but fun at the same time. The party looks wonderful too. Thank you for sharing.
    Heather Fonseca’s latest post: My Cute Tote BagsMy Profile

• August 14, 2013 at 7:29 am — Reply

Thanks, Heather! I did feel ladylike and edgy. Just the way I like it!

2. August 14, 2013 at 2:29 am — Reply

What a gorgeous location and you look absolutely gorgeous! Love the dress and the shoes on you. I actually tried that dress on in Zara and was so disappointed it didn’t work for me as I adore the print – looks fab on you though!
    Veshoevius’s latest post: Matchy MatchyMy Profile

• August 14, 2013 at 7:29 am — Reply

Oh, thank you so much! I love the dress, but I will admit it feels like I’m wearing a straightjacket. The bloody arms are so skinny!

3. Serene
    August 14, 2013 at 5:45 am — Reply

The picture of you and your mom made me literally SOL (Smile Out Loud!) I’m thinking my sister and I might have to make a trip there! You look absolutely beautiful! Serene

• August 14, 2013 at 7:32 am — Reply

Thanks, Serene! Glad mama and I made you smile. :) You definitely need to get back there in fall, after this blasted humidity abates.

4. August 14, 2013 at 9:40 am — Reply

The vineyards are gorgeous! And your dress fits perfectly with the surroundings. Love it!
    April’s latest post: Grilled Maple, Mustard and Horseradish ChickenMy Profile

5. August 14, 2013 at 9:52 am — Reply

gorgeous in every way: you and the vineyard… and your mama of course! Love this {and double zara!!}
    alyson’s latest post: vent sesh: i battle with FOMOMy Profile

6. August 14, 2013 at 11:27 am — Reply

What a lovely dress! And50 years–amazing, love that she had only those details on display :)
    Alexis Grace’s latest post: The New Blue: Navy Fall Fashion FindsMy Profile

7. August 14, 2013 at 2:18 pm — Reply

lovely dress!
    Tianna’s latest post: My New Brand Obsession: Juicy Couture ♥My Profile

8. August 14, 2013 at 3:34 pm — Reply

Don’t you just love Zara?! If you wear it with the right attitude and accessories no one will ever think it’s high street. The dress looks great on you. And what a fab idea from your aunt to display her wedding outfit. Have to tell my mum so that she can do the same on her anniversary next year.

xx Kristina | Shopping Spy

9. August 14, 2013 at 10:54 pm — Reply

Vahni, that is just a GORGEOUS dress! It’s kind of funny – I’ve been trying to figure out is North Carolina hot like Florida? Does it have chilly cold winters like NY? The Eastern US is a mystery to me – so I just love these pics of the topography and surrounds. (PS! Zara, and I don’t care) Funny!! I love Zara. Heck, some days I love Target…!
    Diana’s latest post: Three People I TrustMy Profile

• August 17, 2013 at 9:45 am — Reply

Di, NC is not hot like Florida…except for this summer, of course. We’ve had freak weather. It’s been the rainiest, most humid summer in 70 years. South Florida is hot 75% of the year, with little difference between spring, summer, and fall. NC gets four proper seasons, and gets much colder than FL, plus snow, which does not happen down there. It’s a beautiful state, NC! We have mountains and beaches, a little bit of everything.

10. August 15, 2013 at 3:53 pm — Reply

You’re looking fabulous and this place looks so lovely.
    I love that the dress and shoes were out on display…great idea!!
    Martha’s latest post: My 5-Minute Face in 8 Easy steps…My Profile

11. August 15, 2013 at 4:04 pm — Reply

You look gorgeous as always Vahni!
    Kristina’s latest post: The Shelf Life: A Guide to Letting GoMy Profile

12. August 16, 2013 at 12:08 am — Reply

Beautiful pictures V! And how lovely is that picture of you and your mum!

Any Second Now’s latest post: Beautiful Bits & Bobbles at Bubbles BoutiqueMy Profile

13. August 17, 2013 at 9:46 am — Reply

Thank you all for your sweet comments!