WVW: What V Wore

WVW: New Classic*

I’ve been hearing for years that white jeans are the new denim staple. And for those same years, I’ve been incredulous. How could white be better than black? Uh, white across this ___?

It’s not that I don’t like white. I actually really love it. But it is ridiculously hard to keep clean, it can be too sheer, and unless you have the right cut, it can add a good 15 pounds to your look. But as part of my commitment to broaden my horizons in 2013, I decided to give white jeans a try.

Enter Zara coated white skinnies.

IMG_7928

*WVW: What V Wore:
A bunch of old stuff. And these Zara skinnies.

YOU PEOPLE ARE RIGHT.

White jeans are officially a new classic in my closet. I lucked out and found a pair with all the right details…gold zips at the ankles, not too big in the waist, not too sheer. Score.

WVW: Sofia by Sofia Vergara Active*

You know it's a good day when...

1. March 18, 2013 at 4:37 am — Reply

I think you look fabulous in them! I know what you mean about white adding on the kilos visually and the whole see through thing but these sound like they’ve worked a treat. I love the side zips on the ankles. This is a great casual look and I love how the furry gilet amps up the glam factor!
    Veshoevius’s latest post: Dark FlowersMy Profile

• March 22, 2013 at 8:37 am — Reply

Thanks, lovely! Hope you’re staying warm across the pond!

2. March 19, 2013 at 1:39 am — Reply

I like that these are coated+zippers … I think that would push me to buy a good fitting white jean. I always felt white denim is “going brave!” I have white trousers that I love, but could use a great white denim. I love yours here!
    FASHION TALES’s latest post: DIY: Rock of AgesMy Profile

• March 22, 2013 at 8:40 am — Reply

I’m obsessed with ankle zippers! Though I will admit that after laundering these the first time, they didn’t fare so well. The coating seems to “hold” onto marks! So not happy about that. Will probably look for a non-coated pair.

3. March 19, 2013 at 11:24 am — Reply

I have been a fan for a few years…and ironically the tush is my biggest area….but somehow I feel fabulous in them…all depends on the cut and fabric. Huge fan of white jeans.
    They look great on you and LOVE the zipper accents.

C
    Carly’s latest post: White Shoes: Not Just For Your Wedding DayMy Profile

4. March 20, 2013 at 2:51 pm — Reply

Yup. I’m with you – wary of white jeans but when done right they are rightly done. I LOVE the brass zip detail and the nice way they fit ya. Great skinny on you, minnie. xo!
    Bella Q, The Citizen Rosebud’s latest post: Street Feet: Self Portrait with ShoesMy Profile

• March 22, 2013 at 8:41 am — Reply

Thank you, Bella! xo

5. March 20, 2013 at 6:36 pm — Reply

HA! “A bunch of old stuff.” you crack me up.

• March 22, 2013 at 8:50 am — Reply

Sometimes I just cannot be bothered with all the details…I’m sure you know. 😉

6. March 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm — Reply

Hi, I couldn’t agree more. Loads of the french vogue team get papped wearin them especially Emmanuelle Alt!! xx

7. March 22, 2013 at 8:51 am — Reply

I don’t wear jeans much (truly uncomfortable) but I do like to try something new every once in a while. Thanks for your comment!

8. July 9, 2014 at 2:06 am — Reply

Wow! You look gorgeous in that outfit! I super love the combination. The blazer down to the white jeans. I’ve been a loyal black jeans user so I never thought white jeans could be this gorgeous. Thanks V!