Worker V

Worker V: 2.8 Red Rule Breaker

More (faux) leather for the office. And in RED. Uh, I think I just broke my own rule.

IMG_7906_B

About rules for office wear…the only one I stick to without fail is to wear one unexpected piece, one piece that whispers nonconformist. Like a leather shirt, a spiked bracelet, or an OTK boot with a classic silhouette. It’s how I keep my mojo in Corporate America.

IMG_7892

Coat: Zara • Shirt: BCBGMAXAZRIA• Pants: Classiques Entier (similar)
Heels: Christian Louboutin • Necklace: Tory Burch (similar) • Bracelets: C Wonder

Strong is the New Skinny...and Your Personal Fountain of Youth

My One Baby Post

1. February 22, 2013 at 2:03 am — Reply

I wear my leather skirt to the office. It became a habit actually when I realized that no one said anything. I guess the key in wearing these “non-conformist” pieces is to select something that looks like a piece that you would normally wear, like your red leather shirt above. Fab!!!
    Natasha (@onewomansstyle)’s latest post: Rihanna’s Disappointing River Island Fashion ShowMy Profile

2. February 22, 2013 at 3:22 am — Reply

Love your flared jeans ! Gorgeous !

XX Luba

White Blazer & Ombre jeans in my look today

3. February 22, 2013 at 5:43 am — Reply

This is the perfect work outfit. The red faux leather goes perfectly with those iconic red soles of the Louboutins!
    Jet’s latest post: OOTD: Going casualMy Profile

4. February 22, 2013 at 8:20 am — Reply

FRESH OUT: Worker V: 2.8 Red Rule Breaker http://t.co/Sb4mkUvtuS

5. February 22, 2013 at 8:30 am — Reply

I would like one of each, please. Who needs rule when you look that good?
    Beautifully Invisible’s latest post: Fashion Blogging: It’s Not Just About Pretty PicturesMy Profile

6. February 22, 2013 at 9:18 am — Reply

I love the flash of red from the Louboutin’s and how they echo the shirt (though I was expecting the Valentino’s)!
    Ashe @ Ash in Fashion’s latest post: What I Wore: Pumped Up KicksMy Profile

7. February 23, 2013 at 10:52 am — Reply

You look fabulous as usual! Love your red leather shirt. I think it’s totally appropriate, especially styled with the grey work trousers.
    Heather’s latest post: Furry jacket, skinny jeans and leopard print boots: an outfit of favoritesMy Profile

8. February 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm — Reply

Beautiful pants!!!
    I love that cut.
    XOXO
    Martha’s latest post: If you can’t beat them, join them!My Profile

9. February 24, 2013 at 2:38 am — Reply

Ahhh! Love the red, V! I also love how the shirt is echoed in the bottom of your Louboutins. Classic.

I’m like you, I love to wear unexpected pieces, and in my case it’s always my shoes. I finally got a job (yay!) and in my first 2 weeks, I’ve become known as “the shoe girl”.

xoxo
    Cyrillynn
    Any Second Now’s latest post: As Patterns Seem To FormMy Profile

10. February 24, 2013 at 1:48 pm — Reply

I love the last shot with the flash of the red sole, that’s a really great photo.

Rules are there to be broken, your looks is perfect for the corporate environment and the flash of red on top and on the soles gives it just enough spice to stick out from the mundane.
    Arash Mazinani’s latest post: Is Side Boob The New Cleavage?My Profile

11. February 24, 2013 at 5:11 pm — Reply

Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone!

12. February 25, 2013 at 9:32 pm — Reply

I love that rule! Definitely one I am going to incorporate when I have office days.
    Alexis Grace’s latest post: Giles Fall 2013 CollectionMy Profile

• February 28, 2013 at 9:21 am — Reply

Go for it!

13. February 27, 2013 at 7:24 pm — Reply

Those pants are so gorgeous on you! What a refreshing change from typical work wear!
    Kristin’s latest post: The Beautfort Bonnet Company and Visa Gift Card GiveawayMy Profile

• February 28, 2013 at 9:20 am — Reply

Thanks, lovely!

14. February 28, 2013 at 6:46 pm — Reply

This is a very sharp look and I LOVE that red leather tee! Wish I could get away with something like a leather tee or skirt at work but no can do :(
    Veshoevius’s latest post: The Tea House at the Top of the HillMy Profile

• March 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm — Reply

Thanks, love! Yes, I’m lucky I don’t work in an ultraconservative office. I’d die.