WVW: Yellow for Baby*

Did you think I was talking about my baby? HAHA…gotcha! No, I’m not preggers! I was one of a group of ladies who threw a baby shower, so yes, there was a bun. But not in my oven!

This dress. What can I say about it? It is uncharacteristically bright for me, and I absolutely loved it. I had a’60s vision when I put it on the first time, so I went with it. God bless my photo-challenged mama for taking these shots for me. I think she did OK.

DPP_0006_1

*WVW: What V Wore
Dress: Zara • Bag: BCBGMAXAZRIA • Necklace: Vintage • Ring: YSL • Heels: Christian Louboutin

DPP_0004

Here’s a detail shot of the bag I’m holding in the shots above. It was priced so ridiculously well that I found myself at the register, wallet open, before my brain could fully register that it is blue, not black (OMG!). But it is delicious, and I am hopelessly in love, having searched all season for a structured bag that could sate the Cèline-lusting beast within me. (Jill, feels a little Hermès Kelly, non?)

Surprisingly, it fits all my things, and still looks very lady like. Love that. I think it’s time for V to grow up. With the big 4-0 behind me, a new year, and my new camera and lens, I’m on the way.

IMG_8138

Yellow dress? Blue bag? W-T-V?

I’m training early for my golden years, when I’ll ooze eccentricity in the form of bright kaftans, gold bling, vintage fur, and stuffy little bags that will actually BE legit Hermès by that time.

Comments

I’ve been thinking the same thing! There’s almost no editing needed. I’m totally in love with the lens and the camera. Thanks!

You look so stunning in canary yellow! Wow!!
    It’s funny what you say here about feeling like its time to grow up with the big 40 behind you and keeping the woman you want to be in your golden years in mind – been feeling that quite strongly since I passed that milestone birthday too and noticing it in the shift in what I’m buying these days. More quality (hello Marc Jacobs bags), better cuts, oddly I’m actually taking more risks with colours and seeking out beautiful clothes I’ll still want to wear when I’m sixty.
    Veshoevius’s latest post: Floral PlaysuitMy Profile

2. April @barbellsandbellinis says

You look absolutely fabulous in yellow!!! I too tend to favor black (60+% of my closet is black). But I am pushing myself to try more color. I bought a bright orange tunic for our date night last night and loved it. Baby steps…

3. KWhite says

Glam all the way! You look awesome in yellow and almost nobody else does. I’m doing the same to prep for old age: bright colors and eccentricity work now too ;)

4. THE-LOUDMOUTH says

V, you look absolutely perfect in this color! I agree that it’s different from what you normally wear, but that’s what makes fashion fun. It’s always a good thing to step outside the box. I’m crushing on that bag, too! It makes a great combo with the dress. And of course, your hair looks spectacular as always.

5. Diana says

Just fabulous!!! I am huge fan of yellow! Such a happy, upbeat colour! If you are wearing a yellow dress it’s an invitation for people to smile at you for no reason. What a great find!!!! Also love the new font. What is it? I’m a font aficionado person as well…