Snapshots of Charleston

The first weekend of this month, I took a trip to one of my favorite places in the world: Charleston, South Carolina. Had an amazing weekend, which is no surprise, because Charleston never disappoints.

IMG_3115

Touring essentials. Thanks to Valentino for the PERFECT little crossbody bag! It’s my new favorite for going out.

IMG_7852

Our base camp was the French Quarter Inn. Superb location, champagne on check-in, wine-and-cheese daily during cocktail hour, milk and cookies before bed. Spacious, comfortable, excellent service. Rated #1 in Charleston, #3 in the South, and #25 in the world by readers of Condé Nast Traveler.

IMG_7856

IMG_3124

First time I put on my runners for a proper walk around downtown and the Battery. I highly recommend doing this!

IMG_3125

Historic homes in downtown Charleston are breathtaking…and HUGE.

IMG_3137

IMG_3145

Love this shot taken at St. Michael’s Church cemetery.
John Rutledge, a signer of the U.S. Constitution, was laid to rest in this hauntingly beautiful place.

IMG_3141

IMG_3166

Heading to dinner in a Zara coat, vintage fur muff, Alexander McQueen ring, and my lovely little Valentino.

IMG_3176

Dinner at Peninsula Grill. Filet mignon with foie gras truffle butter sauce. I always eat at Peninsula Grill when I visit, and this is what I always order. It’s incredible. There are no words. Actually, there are: voted Charleston’s best restaurant and best chef nine years in a row. Boom!

IMG_3174

Isn’t the toile-papered bathroom in the Planters Inn adorbs? Feels so old world Southern. Like home.
I’ve also stayed at the Planters Inn, which is also absolutely fantastic. For a special weekend, you must.

Have you ever been to Charleston?

Comments

Ah, I love the glamour of the shot of you with the red Valentino bag (so chic, I love it, you are so lucky!) and the vintage fur muff. Wow! You look beautiful (as usual) and I feel like I just had a nice side trip to Charleston. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us! XO, Jill

Thank you so much, Jill! Glad you liked the photos. And yeah, I’m kind super crazy about that muff. It was perfect for walking to dinner in Charleston that weekend. That’s another thing I love about Charleston. It’s beachy, southern, and still has four seasons.

Ahhh, Charleston is one of my very favorite cities. Great restaurants (FIG is my favorite), beautiful architecture and the quintessential southern charm. I just love it! Looks like you had a great time.
    lissy’s latest post: Knit SkirtMy Profile

V, I visited Charleston in the summer last year and had a wonderful time. Not only did I fall in love with the place I also fell in love another way, so CHS is always going to be special to me :-) I had my first ever shrimp and grits there! I also found the place fabulous for fashion as well as food. I found a little boutique called Hampden Clothing you must visit sometime, if you haven’t already. Hope you enjoyed your trip – I hope to go back there one day…

styleonthecouch’s latest post: StyleOnTheCouch Loves: All White for SpringMy Profile

Hi Sarah!

Charleston was the fist place I ever had shrimp and grits too. Believe it or not, I refused to eat them or try them until around age 36 or so, despite being surrounded by them on menus my whole life. Funny, I had shrimp and grits during this trip, too. But that’s another post.

I hope you get to visit Charleston again…it’s a wonderful place for lovers!

Stay warm across the pond. :)

Wow, I haven’t been to Charleston since a family vacay during high school. I remember thinking the seafood was to die for when we were there, but we didn’t get to explore the city as much as I would have liked (it was a pit-stop on our way to Myrtle Beach).

I’d love to get back there one day and check it out – looks like an amazing city!
    Beautifully Invisible’s latest post: The Dark Side of Blogging: It Isn’t All Glitter & GoldMy Profile