Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye!

Slavery? It’s 2013!

Yes, slavery. Yes, sexual slavery in the 21st century. It’s hard to believe it can even exist in these modern times, but unfortunately, it does.

When Radiant Cosmetics contacted me to help spread the word about Kiss Slavery Goodbye, the company’s campaign for Human Trafficking Awareness Month—which is this month—I didn’t even blink an eye before my fingers were typing a resounding YES!

Kiss Slavery Goodbye campaign with Radiant Cosmetics

If wearing and talking about a gloriously bright lipstick can help fight sexual slavery and human trafficking, how could I not jump right in? You know how much I love my lippies, and Radiant Cosmetics has some gorgeous ones, plus products for eyes, face, and more.

Facts About Human Trafficking and Radiant Cosmetics*

• More than two million people are trafficked annually, 80% are women and girls.
  • More than 100,000 children are in trapped in the sex trade in the USA annually.
  • Human trafficking in the USA occurs mostly in New York, California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia.
  •  161 countries worldwide are affected by human trafficking.
  • Currently, at least 20% of profits from each purchase of Radiant Cosmetics is donated to fighting human trafficking.
  • Radiant Cosmetics are NOT tested on animals and made in the USA.

I was gifted Daphne and Strawberry Fields lipsticks to wear and share in this post, and let me tell you they are vibrant, creamy, and long-lasting! And I’m no easy sell, believe me.

Radiant Cosmetics

Here I am wearing Daphne, a bold, vibrant pink I loved so much, that I even matched my latest mani as closely to it as I could (Radiant Cosmetics does not produce nail polish, or at least not yet). Yeah, I know have some brow action going. Been growing them out for a year, since big brows are all the rage. Kind of  mad at myself for tweezing as much as I did, but that’s another post.

Wearing Daphne Moisturizing Lipstick by Radiant Cosmetics.
Wearing Daphne Moisturizing Lipstick by Radiant Cosmetics.

Remember, in addition to the usual 20% of profits donated, for every lipstick purchased during January 2013, Radiant Cosmetics will donate a lipstick on your behalf to a survivor or current victim of human trafficking. You get a lipstick, and one of our sisters in the world gets one too. Can’t beat that.

Visit the Kiss Slavery Goodbye page to learn more about other ways to raise awareness via social media!

* Via

New Fave for the New Year: LEAFtv

Dear Lucky magazine...

1. January 3, 2013 at 9:48 am — Reply

i have radiant’s berry lipstick and I LOVE IT. and you’re right super creamy and the color is really saturated…looks gorgeous on you. and with such a beautiful cause really no reason not buy them.
    Jamillah’s latest post: My Fave Posts of 2012My Profile

2. January 3, 2013 at 10:01 am — Reply

This is such a good cause and the lipstick looks so fresh and bright on you. Everyone should buy the lipstick!
    JTwisdom’s latest post: Holiday Footwear For That New Years BashMy Profile

3. January 3, 2013 at 10:53 am — Reply

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

4. January 3, 2013 at 11:17 am — Reply

I just adore Radiant Cosmetics!! Love their cause, and their products! :) Great post! I’d love for you to add it (and any others) to my new weekly beauty link up!

Much Love,
    Maria-Isabel Gridley’s latest post: Pretty Things #17My Profile

5. January 3, 2013 at 2:01 pm — Reply

FRESH OUT: Let’s #KissSlaveryGoodbye! Every @RadiantCosmetics lipstick you buy helps fight #humantrafficking.

6. January 3, 2013 at 2:10 pm — Reply

FRESH OUT: Let’s #KissSlaveryGoodbye! Every @RadiantCosmetic lipstick you buy helps fight #humantrafficking.

7. January 3, 2013 at 2:23 pm — Reply

8. January 3, 2013 at 3:25 pm — Reply

Kiss Slavery Goodbye w/ @radiantcosmetic— via @gritandglamour

9. January 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm — Reply

Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye! via @gritandglamour

10. January 3, 2013 at 3:37 pm — Reply

@made2travel @JTwisdom Thanks for commenting and sharing, ladies! #KissSlaveryGoodbye wtih @radiantcosmetic

11. January 3, 2013 at 4:01 pm — Reply

Kiss Slavery Goodbye w/ @radiantcosmetic— via @gritandglamour

12. January 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm — Reply

Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye! via @gritandglamour

13. January 3, 2013 at 4:39 pm — Reply

Thanks for sharing! RT @mariagridley: Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye! via @gritandglamour

14. January 3, 2013 at 10:57 pm — Reply

Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye!

15. January 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm — Reply

Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye!

16. January 4, 2013 at 12:05 am — Reply

What an awesome cause, and the colors look fabulous on you! Count me to join the cause, V!

Any Second Now’s latest post: Any Second Now 2012 in ReviewMy Profile

17. January 4, 2013 at 12:48 am — Reply

Great cause. Thanks for supporting.
    Gina’s latest post: RemembranceMy Profile

18. January 4, 2013 at 1:01 am — Reply

Posted about #HumanTrafficking (, then I read: Over 100 children rescued from pedophiles' clutches

19. Bri
    January 4, 2013 at 4:21 am — Reply

I am a student Minoring in Women’s studies and it is my dream to work for a non-profit organization that deals with human rights and women’s right. I commend this organization for spreading the word about Human trafficking not only over seas, but in America as well in such an innovative way that captures the interest of young girls. However (and I am not slamming the organization, it is an honest question) How does giving a lipstick to a women who has suffered emotional and physical trauma of such epic proportion going to help them in any way? I would like to see half the proceeds being donated to other organizations that help these women get their life back with therapy or any other way.

20. January 4, 2013 at 6:29 am — Reply

21. January 4, 2013 at 8:14 am — Reply

Pretty in pink lady!
    Great cause to bring attention to…Human trafficking is serious and honestly not really talked about.
    Taken, the movie, is about the only thing I have ever seen on the subject.

I disagree with Bri…and not to be argumentative…but I think something as SIMPLE as a luxurious lipstick can make a woman feel empowered and like a “woman” again. Sometimes the little things cause the greatest impact.

22. January 4, 2013 at 7:20 pm — Reply

Let’s Kiss Slavery Goodbye! via @gritandglamour

23. January 4, 2013 at 8:01 pm — Reply

Love lipstick? Read my #KissSlaveryGoodbye post to find out how @RadiantCosmetics lippies help fight #humantrafficking

24. January 5, 2013 at 11:41 am — Reply

25. January 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm — Reply

Thank you all for your comments and support!