Fashion

Ports 1961 Pre-Fall 2013

Pre-Fall 2013? Huh?

Yes, lovelies, somehow within the last couple of years, the fashion world gave birth to another seasonal collection, because spring/summer, fall/winter, resort/cruise, and couture apparently were not enough.

And why is that? Well, it’s because we’re impatient, really. We can’t wait the long six months between spring collections and fall collections for something new to covet. And so pre-fall was born.

Look, I’m not complaining. Even if I can’t buy an sixteenth of what I peruse online daily, all these collections are still inspiring. I feel like fashion has finally become an anything-goes world. Sure, there are identifiable trends. But nothing is ever totally out-of-style anymore. It’s just labeled “vintage,” or excused/accepted under the guise of eccentricity. I like that.

I also like pre-fall 2013 by Ports 1961, with its delicious rich textures and unexpected play between jewel tones and nude/blush. All images via style.com.

Ports 1961 Pre-Fall 2013 Collection Highlights

Ports1961_pre-fall_2013_a Ports1961_pre-fall_2013_f

We may be in fall 2012 in the northern hemisphere, but this future collection is so now. It’s kind of non-V in a way, and quirky. Demure femme fatale. I’m looking for opera-length leather gloves, stat.

Ports1961_pre-fall_2013_c Ports1961_pre-fall_2013_b Ports1961_pre-fall_2013_e

Check out my Pre-Fall 2013 Pinterest board for more collection favorites.

There Are Better Ways to Spend $55,000

Kicking Off 2013 with Whole30

1. December 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm — Reply

I know it’s hard to think about 2013 anything at the moment no? But, I have been loving what I’ve peeked at online recently. I’m a long time Ports 1961 admirer … and just LOVE the long gloves! xo
    FASHION TALES’s latest post: Ace of SpadesMy Profile

• December 13, 2012 at 11:26 am — Reply

Me too! Thanks, Madison!

2. December 12, 2012 at 8:40 pm — Reply

FRESH OUT: Ports 1961 Pre-Fall 2013 http://t.co/1c3afVKQ

3. December 13, 2012 at 2:06 am — Reply

The colors are gorgeous and so rich, perfect for Autumn.

• December 13, 2012 at 11:26 am — Reply

Agreed…thanks for your comment!

4. December 13, 2012 at 4:27 pm — Reply

I LOVE Ports! They always come out with luxury basics that shine with femininity. And then their stand-out pieces….gah…they are statement-making for sure. They are so underrated.
    Lindsay’s latest post: Stocking Stuffers for the Beauty GuruMy Profile

5. December 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm — Reply

I love the deep and rich colors of this collection! I am with you, I look at a lot of things I can’t buy, but I think thats what’s so great about fashion is you can find similar pieces that are more affordable!

XO,
    Rachel Ashley
    Rachel Ashley’s latest post: Furs and PearlsMy Profile

6. December 14, 2012 at 12:43 am — Reply

I wish I had somewhere to wear such beautiful clothes. I do love the long leather gloves. I might be able to get those into an outfit somehow!
    Heather’s latest post: Red Glitter Nail PolishMy Profile

7. December 14, 2012 at 8:45 am — Reply

Such a beautiful collection, I love that deep blue dress, it’s so chic! There’s an element of luxe to this collection too.
    We used to buy a mini transitional collection that lands September/Feb & also May to bring newness to the range, but with big brands, the ‘cruise’, ‘resort’ and ‘pre-fall’ collections appeat to be more commerical than their main collections, probably doing just as well in the sales side of things. Incredible isn’t it?

8. […] See the article here: Ports 1961 Pre-Fall 2013 — Grit & Glamour™ […]

9. December 15, 2012 at 8:46 am — Reply

Oh wow! I love every one of these looks! The colours are fabulous! I’ve never heard of Ports before so thanks for the introduction.
    Veshoevius’s latest post: The Ghost of Christmas PastMy Profile

• December 31, 2012 at 9:25 am — Reply

Really, you’ve never heard of Ports? Well, glad to introduce you! Happy 2013!

10. December 16, 2012 at 10:01 am — Reply

You are right! We sure all impatient and before you know it we may have a pre-pre fall collection! LOL. I love the halter blue dress and red coat. Gorgeous!
    MJ’s latest post: Taking Time to Regroup (and What to Do in the Meantime)My Profile

11. December 18, 2012 at 11:33 am — Reply

I love this. Especially that red coat.

12. December 26, 2012 at 3:55 pm — Reply

The blush and brick red are so lovely together!
    Kristin’s latest post: Monday Mingle: Christmas Eve StyleMy Profile

• December 31, 2012 at 9:18 am — Reply

I agree. Happy 2013, lovely lady!

13. December 28, 2012 at 11:16 am — Reply

This collection is so glamourous and elegant! Ports 1961 is such an amazing brand. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous collection!

xoxo, Meera | http://www.momentswithmeera.com
    Meera’s latest post: Best Covers of 2012.My Profile

14. December 30, 2012 at 11:02 pm — Reply

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!