Worker V

Worker V: 2.7 Blue

Busy, busy, busy bee,  Worker V.  And working a new hue: blue.

Shirt: DVF • Belt: DVF • Pants: White House/Black Market • Heels: Boutique 9 • Necklace: Pegasus, Stella & Dot

A sextuplet of tassels is a a statement indeed, but my favorite part of this look? Pegasus:

Layers of individual metallic feathers add texture and refract light. Every time I wear this gorgeous creation, I feel as divine and otherworldly as the winged horse of my ancestors’ myths, from which this necklace takes its name.

Together Pegasus and I flew through conference calls and content decks—boldly, with stamina, and the kind of divinity a good statement piece bestows on all goddesses—in togas or trousers.

Making Masterpieces with Instagram + #PhotoADay Tips

WVW: Pseudo Tom Ford*

1. April 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm — Reply

I loved your outfit, but your write up swept me away (not to be cheesy!)….. Your Pegasus necklace is stunning, as is your new hue.
    Bri’s latest post: Easter ColorsMy Profile

• April 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm — Reply

Aw, thank you! Kinda had fun with it. Glad you liked it. Thanks for your comment!

• Rob
      April 10, 2012 at 11:16 am — Reply

Agreed, the blue does look great on you and lets be realistic, a girl can’t wear neon and crazy prints all the time. Go for timeless chic colors like your blue in your outfit. Glad to see your new post Vahni!

• April 12, 2012 at 8:48 pm — Reply

Thanks, Rob! Got another one queued up for Monday…maybe I’m getting my mojo back. ;)

2. April 9, 2012 at 11:10 pm — Reply

Very pretty hues of blue on you. I have seen that Stella and Dot necklace and it’s gorgeous.

• April 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm — Reply

Thank you honey!

3. April 9, 2012 at 11:23 pm — Reply

Hey! It’s good to see you again! I really do love your Pegasus necklace; reminds me of an Aztec piece.

Will there be more blue (and other colours) in the future while black goes into the background?
    Cameron’s latest post: Outside the Box – Tabitha St. GermainMy Profile

• April 9, 2012 at 11:25 pm — Reply

Hi Cameron, thank you! I have been trying to work in more color…can’t make any promises but I’m definitely trying to break out of the black!

4. April 9, 2012 at 11:51 pm — Reply

You look amazing, and that necklace is truly incredible!
    Leia’s latest post: Multi-Gem NailsMy Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 12:04 am — Reply

Thank you Leia!

5. Jazmine
    April 10, 2012 at 12:06 am — Reply

I really love your pants..The top you looks so stunning…Amazing kind of necklace..Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures..
    Jazmine’s latest post: 3D Television ReviewsMy Profile

• June 20, 2013 at 4:02 pm — Reply

Agreed!!!! They’re all such BEAUTIFUL pieces but not too over-the-top…totally still appropriate for work! You offer great #outfitspiration – especially for how to stay cute at your 9-5! http://www.StingyStyle.net

6. April 10, 2012 at 1:07 am — Reply

I love that necklace. I remember seeing it a while back and wishing I could afford it. I love seeing how you’ve worn it. To tell the truth I was a little intimidated by it even though I found the look fabulous.
    Heather’s latest post: “Marketplace of India” $100 gift card give awayMy Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:44 am — Reply

Thank you Heather! It seems like it’s so OTT, but in real life, the golden colors are muted, almost antiqued, so it isn’t crazy bright.

7. April 10, 2012 at 3:10 am — Reply

I just ordered that necklace :) Love the way you’ve styled it! Can’t wait til it arrives, now. Hope you had a great weekend!
    hallie’s latest post: Gossip Girl Fashion Copycat: Season 5, Episode 19My Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:44 am — Reply

Thanks, Hallie…you will love it!

8. April 10, 2012 at 3:45 am — Reply

;) RT @cameronmiquelon: My my, hey hey/Out of the black, and into the blue: Worker V: 2.7 Blue http://t.co/voPNr8oT via @gritandglamour

9. April 10, 2012 at 4:01 am — Reply

Love this outfit, easy to wear to a dressy day event, great for a day at work too, smart and also undeniably sexy. The necklace is simply amazing.
    Jessie in Fashion Limbo’s latest post: Homecoming – after the silenceMy Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:45 am — Reply

Thank you Jessie…it is versatile. I try to make my work looks a little fun, and I’ve found it’s accessories that make all the difference.

10. April 10, 2012 at 4:08 am — Reply

I’m sure i’ve said this before, but i do love that necklace! The blue really suits you too!
    Franca’s latest post: Pastels and dinosaursMy Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:46 am — Reply

Thank you, lovely!

11. April 10, 2012 at 5:05 am — Reply

How to wear a statement necklace to the office:Worker V: 2.7 Blue http://t.co/WhaZWI9P

12. April 10, 2012 at 5:07 am — Reply

Necklace is gorgeous. Glad you are back!
    Gigi Guerreiro’s latest post: Colour me in shades of purple…My Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:46 am — Reply

Hi Gigi, thank you! I pop in now and then. ;)

13. April 10, 2012 at 9:26 am — Reply

Oh Vahni! That necklace is amazing!

I always get so excited when I check my bloglovin to see you have posted!! I miss you when you are gone :)
    Alexis Grace’s latest post: Roaring 20s StyleMy Profile

• April 10, 2012 at 9:48 am — Reply

Thank you Alexis! What a sweet comment. Lately I’ve been sooooo bored with my backdrop for photos, and kinda hate my DSLR, hence my absence! And truthfully, Hubby really doesn’t dig shooting photos of me so I’m on my own. Boo.

Hope you are well!

14. April 10, 2012 at 10:25 am — Reply

Love that color blue on you girl! And that necklace??!! Aaah!! It’s gorgeous!!
    MJ’s latest post: And Then There Were Three….My Profile

• April 12, 2012 at 9:20 pm — Reply

Thanks, MJ! Tried to comment on your blog, and it gave me some weird login error related to wordpress.com. You may want to see what’s up or try a different commenting approach that doesn’t require a login.

15. April 10, 2012 at 11:17 am — Reply

I would fight someone for that necklace.

16. April 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Thanks for sharing! RT @TheStyleConfess How to wear a statement necklace to the office:Worker V: 2.7 Blue http://t.co/gkHCw9IS

17. April 10, 2012 at 10:33 pm — Reply

It’s a gorgeous necklace. Is it heavy?
    Terri’s latest post: Visible Monday: Oudh EditionMy Profile

• April 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm — Reply

Thanks, Terri! It’s actually not heavy. It’s quite comfortable because the metal feathers are sewn onto cloth material.

18. April 11, 2012 at 6:15 am — Reply

Darling, I love seing your outfit posts! That blue on you is wonderful, but I agree la piece de resistance is that neckless. Simply divine. And hot! Does it feel heavy on?

Much love to you, you powerhouse you. x
    Anika’s latest post: Texture.My Profile

• April 11, 2012 at 10:06 pm — Reply

Thank you sweetie! The necklace is actually not heavy. It’s comfortable enough for me to wear at work all day and forget that I have it on!

19. Karyn18
    April 11, 2012 at 9:56 am — Reply

You look stunning on that necklace! You look like a celeb actually..
    That outfit is a total package!
    Karyn18’s latest post: Advising Friends Who is Not a Good Wedding PhotographerMy Profile

20. April 11, 2012 at 11:43 am — Reply

What a beautiful fashion statement – nice capture
    kombizz’s latest post: Aladdin doorMy Profile

21. April 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm — Reply

I feel like Pegasus would help you get anything done! LOVE!

22. April 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm — Reply

Everytime I see this beautiful necklace I certainly think you wear it the best. I love the outfit! The photo is moonlight heavenly dear! And those arms make me wanna get back to my Pilates routine. A very smart look! :)
    ~Madison

• April 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm — Reply

Aw, thanks honey!

23. April 11, 2012 at 5:02 pm — Reply

Goodness me, that wonderful necklace is indeed fit for a goddess! Of the office, if nothing else!
    You look stunning as ever, lovely V!
    Madeline Quaint’s latest post: An Addams Cousin, a Bird and a PoemMy Profile

24. April 12, 2012 at 1:01 am — Reply

Wowfuckingzahs. Gorgeous. YOU. That Stella & Dot necklace is pretty fab, and you showcase it like nobody’s business. Flights of fancy at the office? Indeed.
    Bella Q’s latest post: Fashion Blogger Sighting: La SophiaMy Profile

25. April 12, 2012 at 2:19 am — Reply

Serious V is serious. And that neckless looks really heavy…
    Kionon’s latest post: It’s overcast, but I want to go outside…My Profile

• April 12, 2012 at 8:44 pm — Reply

Haaa…never fear, it is (almost) light as a feather!

26. April 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Thank you all for your comments and continued support! Out to see you all now!

27. Alexarrie
    April 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm — Reply

You are definitely so beautiful and an inspiration to all women.. I am not fashionable when it comes to outfits like dresses and accessories.. But you are very stunning!
    Alexarrie’s latest post: Home Remedies For GoutMy Profile

28. April 12, 2012 at 10:24 pm — Reply

WOW..just wow!! This necklace sure lives up to its name as does the The Goddess in trousers!! And talking about Stamina- look at your toned arms, who needs wings when you get triceps like these:-) Love your look and the outfit!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let’s Twitter Together
    Jyoti (Style-Delights)’s latest post: Business Casual For Workplace And A story Of Little Act Of KindnessMy Profile

• April 22, 2012 at 7:59 pm — Reply

Haaa…laughing at the wings comment. So clever. Thank you so much!

29. April 13, 2012 at 10:22 am — Reply

Oh wow! what a necklace!!! Truly a work of art!
    xx
    maya
    Soccer Mom Style a.k.a. Maya’s latest post: Parallel UniverseMy Profile

30. April 13, 2012 at 7:00 pm — Reply

Another fierce outfit! Worker V: 2.7 Blue — Grit & Glamour™ http://t.co/YLpxVV8b via @gritandglamour

31. April 13, 2012 at 8:00 pm — Reply

Thank you! RT @bucklebuttonzip: Another fierce outfit! Worker V: 2.7 Blue — Grit & Glamour™ http://t.co/voPNr8oT via @gritandglamour

32. Carmen
    April 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm — Reply

The necklace was STUN. I like the color and design fabulous. Thanks for sharing your fashionable post with us.
    Carmen’s latest post: Dating Advice For CouplesMy Profile

33. April 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm — Reply

Amazing necklace.
    WendyB’s latest post: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Forgot to Call MeMy Profile

34. April 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm — Reply

Love the blue on you and that collar necklace is amazing!
    Fashnlvr’s latest post: OOTD: Black and Taupe LambMy Profile

35. April 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm — Reply

THAT. COLLAR. Omg, V… are you serious with how amazing that thing is right now? I love it!! I’m loving the blue on you as well and especially happy to see my favorite belt making an appearance :) All that tassel action reminds me that I only have one :/ gotta get on that…
    Miss ED’s latest post: Toto, we’re not in Macy*s anymore: Zoora Trunk Show!My Profile

36. April 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm — Reply

This necklace is to DIE for! Stella & Dot has some really cool pieces, I’ve flipped through a catalog here and there but it may be time for me to invest. I love the pretty blue blouse you paired it with. Statement making indeed.
    kimmiepooh’s latest post: Behind The Blog | Casee M. of The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel TowerMy Profile

• April 22, 2012 at 8:09 pm — Reply

You will really love Stella and Dot pieces. They are so worth the money. Very well-made. I wear my bangles and necklaces all the time, and get so many compliments on them.

Thanks for your comment!

37. April 22, 2012 at 8:05 am — Reply

That necklace is to die for!
    Veshoevius’s latest post: Ice Cream ColoursMy Profile

• April 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm — Reply

Hey babe, thanks!

38. April 22, 2012 at 8:36 pm — Reply

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

39. Nina
    September 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Your perfect hue. Looking GOOD!