Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB)

Links à la Mode: IFB Weekly Roundup, January 19

The Woman in the Mirror Gonna Change Her Ways
By Jessie Thorpe of Denimology

It’s January. It’s a time for fresh beginnings, unknown adventures, and change. The new year is all about making personal progress.  Most peeps vow to go to the gym, stick to their diet, keep a tight budget or to quit biting their nails. Why not change your personal style instead?  You can be boldbe tough and take risks! Maybe you need to tone it down, dress your age or stop when more is really way too much! Whether your fashion goals for the year are to be a better blogger, feature top notch photos or be a fashion savvy dresser, surely there is a link or three here to spur on your metamorphosis.

THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE

SPONSORNew Shoes at ShopbopSergio Rossi, Jil Sander, Boutique9, Margiela, CK, Missoni, Sam Edelman, Jeffrey Campbell, Coclico Shoes, Minnetonka, Edmund Castillo & Badgley Mischka

Wondering how Links à la Mode works? Read my tutorial: How to Submit a Post to IFB Links à la Mode

Gucci Men's Fall/Winter 2012 Fashion Show

B*tch stole my content! Plagiarism: How to Deal with a Thief

1. January 19, 2012 at 7:11 pm — Reply

V, you may need to adjust the GUCCI video post. It autoplays when you visit the blog, even if it’s not the top post, and that can be really jarring when SUDDENLY SOUND FROM NOWHERE. Maybe turn off autoplay?
    Kionon’s latest post: Social Media Platforms: The Kyoto Maiko RundownMy Profile

• January 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm — Reply

I agree! But I can’t fix it, unfortunately. The code was provided to me by Gucci, and although I Googled for a solution, I think the autoplay has to be set to false in the player code before it is given to me. I don’t love the autoplay either. All I can say is thank you for your forgiveness and as soon as it rolls off one of the featured spots on the homepage, it will no longer play unless you revisit the post.

2. January 19, 2012 at 7:29 pm — Reply

These links are great, I’m going to keep going down the list. All knowledge is worth having!
    Bri’s latest post: Freezing UpMy Profile

• January 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm — Reply

Thank you…there are usually some really great ones in these roundups!

3. January 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm — Reply

Oh cool!!! I made it!! :) So I guess I need to post this too, right? :)
    Krystle {Fierce|Fabulous|Fit}’s latest post: Reader Q & A: What do you eat?My Profile

• January 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm — Reply

Congrats, love, and yes you do!

4. January 20, 2012 at 2:06 am — Reply

Congrats Vahni! Links à la Mode: IFB Weekly Roundup, January 19 http://t.co/phEZ0pdH via @gritandglamour

5. January 20, 2012 at 2:48 am — Reply

Congrats on the IFB Link A La Mode round up. I made it too for the first time.I actually found your blog when searching for how to post Link A La Mode on my blog. You have a great and highly informative blog. Following you on Bloglovin :)

Happy Blogging <3
    A
    Fashionopolis’s latest post: Make It-NOT-Work!My Profile

• January 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm — Reply

Hi there…welcome to G&G my dear!

Thanks so much for the follow on Bloglovin and your comment! Hope you’ll be back again soon.

6. January 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm — Reply

These links are awesome- I’m going to read them all sometime soon!
    Lauren (BestTrendz)’s latest post: What to Wear With Wool CoatsMy Profile

7. Armand
    January 23, 2012 at 4:32 am — Reply

Hi there! Thanks for giving the links! I love the “Life Lessons Learned From a Little Black Dress”. I found it interesting.
    Armand’s latest post: The Significance Of Arowana In Feng ShuiMy Profile

8. January 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm — Reply

Congrats on being included… such an excellent list this week.
    alyson’s latest post: Head Over Heels With TargetMy Profile

9. January 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm — Reply

Thank you all for your comments!

10. January 27, 2012 at 2:28 am — Reply

Can’t wait to read these – yet more blogs to add to my blog roll no doubt! Hey ho, who wants to work anyhow?!
    E x

11. January 28, 2012 at 10:23 pm — Reply

V I am trying so hard to wear prints and colours that I usually shy away from, this year. So far so good although I am playing a little safe with pastels and not going too bold just yet. Baby steps, I think they say! Great ideas that avoid the usual NY resolution traps (I can never stick to any of the traditional ones, mainly because I don’t ever really want too lol)

• January 30, 2012 at 10:35 am — Reply

That makes two of us trying to wear color and prints! It’s hard not to revert but like you, I’m trying. Thanks for your comment!

12. Lance
    January 31, 2012 at 7:17 am — Reply

I cant wait read more of your blogs..I know you had a great and informative blogs always..Thank you for sharing..
    Lance’s latest post: PPI ClaimsMy Profile

13. gabby
    February 2, 2012 at 2:19 am — Reply

I know that these moment its gonna be a fashionable week, I will update for the another spot.
    gabby’s latest post: Surgical GlovesMy Profile

14. jones23
    February 3, 2012 at 7:33 am — Reply

Awesome! Your a kind of model in which can bring and stand any dress beautiful enough.
    jones23’s latest post: cheap 1300 numbersMy Profile

15. Ainna
    February 6, 2012 at 5:06 am — Reply

I am really one of your fans here…keep posting more!
    Ainna’s latest post: costa del sol bayshoreMy Profile

16. Janna
    February 7, 2012 at 10:13 am — Reply

Hi…I agree that this is an awesome post that you can share to people..
    Janna’s latest post: Article Writing Tools ReviewMy Profile

17. Maegan87
    February 9, 2012 at 6:18 am — Reply

Wow! I love the way it looks, Fashion is beauty in which bring a different kind of confidence for a woman.
    Maegan87’s latest post: ppiMy Profile