WVW: Holiday Uniform*

Ever since I spotted this poncho thingy on Taylor of Sterling Style, I’ve been obsessed. As fate would have it, five days after her post dropped I found myself in New York—and near a Zara(!)—and after sampling the poncho thingy in person, I knew it had to come home with me. (Great eye, Taylor!)

With mild temps in my world this winter, it’s the perfect piece to throw on for errand running over the holidays. In fact, it’s been on my back so much lately, when I pulled it out again today, Hubby said, “You really like that little Mexican blanket, don’t you?”

Yes, Hubby, I do.

I’ve also been living in my new J Brand mid-rise skinnies. Mid-rise, where have you been all my life? Remember when I was talking about getting some after snagging those Houlihans? These things make me feel gorge even after gorging on Christmas treats and far too many libations. They’re almost as comfy as leggings, but far more forgiving. Two thumbs up for J Brand jeans! Tried and true. I’m in love.

*WVW = What V Wore
Poncho: Zara • Top: BCBGMAXAZRIA • Jeans: J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Skinnies in Heritage • Booties: Pour La Victoire
Bag: Michael Kors (similar) • Sunnies: Christian Dior

Comments

AAaw AND the historical fan ès “Western Spaghetti” ‘who is kindly slumbering on me can’t help BUT widely approve this poncho’s vibrancy Dear V (“Straight nod of approval in the style of Clint Eastwood”) ! “Like a Shootout of Boho CHICittude on urban territory” . . .

à Bientôt, Antoine
    Vertiginoso’s latest post: "Fashion Fantasy"My Profile

2. Julie says

Muy caliente señorita!! Love these poncho/cape thingys…been living in my barefoot dreams robe all week my hubby would probably celebrate if I switched it up to this more festive type piece…try a bathrobe on for size and I’m sure yours would praise the lord!!

Gorgeous find V, hope you’re celebrating a festive and fun holiday season!! Catch ya on the flip side sweets!!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!
    Haute Khuuture.com

Well props to the hubby because I didn’t like it half as much as I do not that it reminds me of a Mexican blanket! :) Of course, I thought it was nothing but chic before, but add a little Mexican flavor? I’m in! Not to mention, that thing would hide a burrito or two, wouldn’t it? Gotta love the clothes that hide food babies…or is that just me?

Happy New Year, V!
    Santina’s latest post: On Party Dresses And TwirlingMy Profile

OMG, you are HYSTERICAL! Food babies! Um, yeah!

Hubby read your comment (he’s sitting across from me right now) and cracked up. Classic.

Happy New Year to you too, doll!

After reading this I’m utterly convinced I need mid-rise jeans! I’m actually looking for a new pair of basic jeans because mine ripped (!!) the other day. Sadly we don’t have a J Brand store here so I can’t check it out in person but it definitely sounds like something I’d like to try out!
    Leia’s latest post: How to Achieve the Perfect Blow DryMy Profile

OK, I’ve never been big on the poncho look, but you may have converted me. Not only does it look stylish – it looks super comfy as well! I’d say that was a great purchase, and hubby secretly loves it too :)

I am intrigued by the skinnies you have on – wish you had a shot of you standing in them so we could see the full profile. Also – those PLV boots!
    Beautifully Invisible’s latest post: A Special Giveaway: Win My TOM FORD Beauty Favorites!My Profile

The poncho TOTALLY suits you with your long flowing dark hair! Looking fab as always lady.
    I think I remember seeing the poncho on Taylors site and thinking it was super cute…although it is freakin FREEZING here in Jersey right now…we passed poncho weather and went right into COAT and SCARF and HAT weather. Here is to a warmer tomorrow:)
    Happy New Year.
    C

Yes, yes, YES!! This poncho is amazing – I love it! Also loving the sound of those J Brand Jeans. If they’re like almost as comfy as leggings they’d definitely get my vote!
    Have a great NYE tomorrow!