Worker V

Worker V: 2.4 (In Loafers)

I know, I know. It’s me in black again. Why don’t we just call this my all-black summer and be done with it, shall we?

I have been wearing head-to-toe black to work (well almost…the shoes tend to be the only break in color) for weeks now.  Lately, it’s been so dang hot I am reluctant to go out and shoot photos, so morning, weekday—and workwear—shots it is. Maybe me wearing all this black is a rebellion against the searing temps of late. I have been know to rebel.

Anyway, to keep you from getting bored, I mixed in a new pair of loafers I snagged at Nordstrom Rack for a song. Don’t you love them? I fell in love with the burgundy-black color and rose gold hardware as soon as I spotted them. They are high, but very comfy…no blisters on first wear! For some reason, they also don’t make that clackety-clack noise when I walk on hard surfaces (Hubby can always hear me coming). So now I can do a sneak attack. Bonus.

Dress: DVF “Bairly Louche” • Belt: Bebe • Heels: Joan and David • Ring: YSL • Sunnies: Christian Dior

This dress is one of my latest all-season LBDs. A simple shirtdress with not-so simple details, like wonderful, billowing 3/4-length sleeves. I seriously cannot wait to wear this dress in fall with my OTK Burberry boots. I think DVF is always a smart investment…the woman knows how to make a dress for the working class.

Oh, and here’s a shot of my first attempt at a classic, Dita-esque half-moon mani. More about that in another post.

And one more shot…a close-up I took of the loafers via Instagram. Can’t you just imagine them with black opaque tights and a 60s-style mini-dress this fall?!  Y’all know chunky loafer pumps are coming back again, right? Makes me want to kick myself for disposing of a great black pair I had about 10 years ago. They would have been perfect now.

So, what do you think…are loafers on your fall shopping list?

Transition to Fall in DKNY

Tax Deductions and Blogging—What You Need to Know

1. August 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm — Reply

I love black on you and everyone else. It’s just a perfect chic color that always works. However, I would like to see you in more color too! There’s going to be plenty of color still around for the Fall so you’ll have lots of time to show us what other colors look amazing on you ;)

Your new loafers are super cute! I like them but I don’t know if they’re me or not. Guess I need to try a pair on!

2. August 15, 2011 at 1:20 pm — Reply

Yes, loafers are on my shopping list for fall. I love them!
    The outfit is great. I like the burgundy with the black. And thanks for stopping by as well. It is greatly appreciated.

3. August 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm — Reply

I love the loafer-heels! They are great, and they work with the black dress too!

4. August 15, 2011 at 1:54 pm — Reply

When you first said loafers, I thought you meant flats. I felt all like, “WHAT?! V WEARING FLATS? NO!” But then I saw they were heels. Haha.

I have my eye on a pair in Anne Taylor. I am patiently waiting for a sale.

• August 17, 2011 at 12:33 am — Reply

HAAAA! You KNEW they wouldn’t be flats!

5. August 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm — Reply

I say wear black all you want. Full stop. You look fab doing it! xo

6. August 15, 2011 at 2:07 pm — Reply

Awesome dress and shoes – you are office perfect in this outfit! – this is the only way I would wear loafers – with a sky high heel!

7. August 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm — Reply

Ugh V another cute outfit! I love head to toe black, I guess is the new yorker in me. I love all black because is easy, flattering and super chic. I agree with you regarding DVF I think it’s a good investment and her dresses are always comfy. The YSL ring….I mean….

Veronica

8. August 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm — Reply

Ooh these (upper classy) “Loafers” (absolutely) do not fail to infuse a (strong) “preppy(licious)” twist in your (usual) “Corporate Mistress-ittude”, AND the (far to be accessory) bloody harmony glasses / varnish (subtly) achieves to set ablaze this One I (shyly) must add Dear V !!!!

à Bientôt, Antoine

9. August 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm — Reply

I love the sleeve shape on your dress – I’ve seen it on lots of items recently so will hopefully get myself something with a similar shape. The loafers are gorgeous – love the heel on them and so good to hear they’re perfect for sneak attacks ;)

10. August 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm — Reply

Well Loafers weren’t on my list until now! LOL They are gorgeous and I love the color! Awesome outfit as always!

11. August 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm — Reply

FRESH OUT: Worker V: 2.4 (In Loafers) http://t.co/6kFwJLp

12. August 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm — Reply

Oh-so-chic, V! We’d expect nothing less from you…Love those loafers and that dress is definitely a winner. It’s such a versatile piece…
    Eboni Ife”s latest post: Inspired by ChicMuse: American Apparel Roller ShortsMy Profile

13. August 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm — Reply

I would have never thought I wanted another pair of loafers but seeing yours and several other styles, they’re definitely on my list now!
    Katie’s latest post: iPhoneMy Profile

14. August 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm — Reply

You have the best black dresses EVER!! Loafers are definitely on my shopping list for Fall.

xoxo,
    Mel
    modanista junkie’s latest post: Mel Made Cut Out TopMy Profile

15. August 15, 2011 at 6:12 pm — Reply

Those loafers are fantastic. And I love all black – I think it looks classic and beautiful. This dress is especially lovely with the loose fit. I’ve been trying to build up my black dress collection because they are so easy.
    Gracey at Fashion For Giants’s latest post: Neon and TurquoiseMy Profile

16. August 15, 2011 at 6:20 pm — Reply

WOop OR a preppy(licious) hint of "Corporate Mistress-ittude" with @gritandglamour !!! http://t.co/kym9TlY

17. August 15, 2011 at 7:15 pm — Reply

Fantastic LBD, loving the sleeve details and definitely feeling these shoes also a bonus that they’re super comfy!
    Bri’s latest post: Polka Dot HappyMy Profile

18. August 15, 2011 at 7:15 pm — Reply

um….who gets bored when you always make black BEAUTIFUL?! Love this and those loafer heels are so on trend and so fab!

19. August 15, 2011 at 8:17 pm — Reply

Yassou! I saw these on your instagram and died. I love them even more with this DVF number. I am looooving that heeled loafers are back for fall, I cannot wait to wear them! I just got these fantastic metal heeled loafer/mules that are insane, I love them! This is such a great look Vahni, I’m so jealous it’s not in my closet :)
    xoxo
    Lia
    Lia’s latest post: Polka Dotted and SpottedMy Profile

• August 16, 2011 at 11:14 am — Reply

Yiasou! Thanks, Lia!

20. August 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Love the shoes, especially the color. Also the mani is super fun!!
    lissy’s latest post: Weekend TidbitsMy Profile

• August 16, 2011 at 11:12 am — Reply

Thanks, Lissy! Welcome! Still drooling over those Valentino shoes. And oh, the CELINE bag! Seriously.

21. August 15, 2011 at 10:07 pm — Reply

You look amazing, I tend to live in all black. I also tend to throw in pops of color via footwear or nail polish. Amazing post! Love the loafers!

XX!
    YvonnaLivianna
    YvonnaLivianna.blogspot.com
    YvonnaLivianna’s latest post: Best Friends Gone Fierce!My Profile

22. August 16, 2011 at 5:24 am — Reply

I also had a pair of chunky black loafers that I also threw away CENTURIES ago… I think I must have worn them til they were wearable no more…as I did adore them. However now I wish I had them, they were so comfy and I wore them with absolutely everything.
    Love this dress by the way, the sleeves are amazing, and the cut is very flattering. Who cares if black is not a summer shade, you look stunning in it.
    Jessie at Fashion Limbo’s latest post: Happy Birthday Madonna … againMy Profile

23. August 16, 2011 at 5:40 am — Reply

Was considering a flat pair of loafers for autumn but after seeing yours I am so over that – I NEED a pair like yours!!!!

Love them V :) xx
    Emily’s latest post: Mani of the Week: Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish Nail Polish in AzureMy Profile

24. August 16, 2011 at 8:02 am — Reply

V- lookin’ smokin’ hot in black and some killer heels!
    Lynzy’s latest post: “But tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun”My Profile

25. August 16, 2011 at 8:48 am — Reply

If I find good pair that I like- I would take them… but one thing I know for sure- those shoes suit u fantastic!:)
    xoxo
    Jelena
    Jelena’s latest post: Sunny WhiteMy Profile

26. August 16, 2011 at 9:04 am — Reply

I LOVE your loafers. They are gorgeous. After seeing this post, I think they are definitely on my fall shopping list! I think you look amazing in black, and I never tire of seeing you in it.

27. August 16, 2011 at 9:12 am — Reply

Hey girl..when it works, it works! and you look smashing in black..always.
    LOVE the chic easy dress….especially LOVE those shoes….isn’t it great that burgandy can almost work as a neutral come fall….they are such a great addition to the shoe closet…enjoy!
    C
    Carly’s latest post: Ladies Who Lunch!My Profile

28. August 16, 2011 at 1:21 pm — Reply

You looks fabulous, as usual and I love that you snagged a pair of loafers for fall in burgundy. We don’t get enough of that color in my opinion and it looks smashing with black. You give good shoe (and blog for that matter).
    xLaura
    Buckle Button Zip’s latest post: Beauty Reviews: Does Natural Deliver?My Profile

29. August 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm — Reply

Bass Weejuns never go out of style, and rarely does weather get so bad that they go out of season. You should consider a pair, V. I love a woman in Weejuns.
    Kionon’s latest post: Notes on ReadershipMy Profile

• August 17, 2011 at 12:27 am — Reply

Believe it or not, I had some a thousand years ago, when I DID go through a preppy phase. I had Weejuns (what a pain to break in, Lord), Tretorns, Sebagos, and even grosgrain ribbons for my hair. But it just didn’t last!

• August 17, 2011 at 12:30 am — Reply

TRETORNS? Man, I am so jelly. I need to get me some new Tretorns… I can’t remember the last time I had a pair. Fifteen years ago? More. Used to be able to get them at the local Penney’s. Can’t buy ‘em in a store anymore, have to order them online.
        Kionon’s latest post: Notes on ReadershipMy Profile

30. August 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm — Reply

LOVE the loafers! I’m a fan myself. In line with my post on inspiration for tomorrow’s FTF blog event, your wardrobe color choice reminds me of a song by Depeche Mode called “Dressed in Black” (you’ll see what I mean when the post goes up tomorrow).

xoxo
    Cyrillynn
    Any Second Now’s latest post: Releasing My Inner Sporty SpiceMy Profile

31. August 16, 2011 at 5:28 pm — Reply

Check out how G&G works her new fall shoes: Worker V: 2.4 (In Loafers) http://t.co/WPmqnKx via @gritandglamour

32. August 16, 2011 at 5:34 pm — Reply

Nothing wrong with wearing all black, if it works it works! I do like those loafers. The heels especially make them visually interesting and elevate them to another level. Hopefully when I enter the workforce after graduation this winter I’ll be able to take the work wear knowledge I’ve gleaned from you into my professional wardrobe. DVF, got it :)

33. August 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm — Reply

it’s official. i’m going to need that ENTIRE outfit!

34. August 16, 2011 at 5:56 pm — Reply

Thank you! RT @bucklebuttonzip: Check out how G&G works her new fall shoes: Worker V: 2.4 (In Loafers) http://t.co/6kFwJLp

35. August 16, 2011 at 7:56 pm — Reply

I love those shoes and that shirtdress is perfection for work

36. August 16, 2011 at 9:31 pm — Reply

Nice shoes and fantastic dress. Think I’ll stick to my flat penny loafers though.

37. August 16, 2011 at 9:38 pm — Reply

Love the new shoes. Last time I was in The Rack, I didn’t even make it to the shoes believe it or not. There were so many great things, I never went upstairs where the shoes are.
    Gina’s latest post: I Really Love ShoesMy Profile

38. August 16, 2011 at 9:44 pm — Reply

Well, you can’t go wrong with black, can you- especially a great LBD like you are wearing! The details really make it special. Also, I’m loving the loafers- they look great with your outfit and I can totally picture them with the outfit you described!
    Nnenna’s latest post: FBFF: Location, Location, LocationMy Profile

39. August 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm — Reply

Those loafers are perfect and I’m sure you will get tons of wear out of them this fall.

And I don’t think there is anything wrong with an all black summer.

40. August 17, 2011 at 12:08 am — Reply

We are twins….all black and high-heeled loafers! We must take twins photos together.

41. August 17, 2011 at 12:14 am — Reply

@any2ndnow When did you try? I was just tweaking a couple things and it was out for a minute.
    Can you get to it now? http://ow.ly/64Zin

42. August 17, 2011 at 11:34 am — Reply

honestly, that second picture is the most beautiful i’ve ever seen you. simply gorgeous.
    Cate Young’s latest post: Inspiration Moodboard: A Full Time Fabulous Blog Event (August 17th, 2011)My Profile

43. August 17, 2011 at 4:28 pm — Reply

Love your loafers! They are on my fall shopping list.
    Midnight Cowgirl’s latest post: Summer FavoritesMy Profile

44. August 17, 2011 at 11:44 pm — Reply

that dress is BEAUTIFUL and i think you’ve made me want a pair of loafers..
    zarna’s latest post: DIY neon.My Profile

45. August 18, 2011 at 11:58 am — Reply

I absolutely adore those shoes! What an awesome find!! You know > I too got rid of a great pair of black clunky loafer heels by Charles David. Mostly because I was teased about having “Herman Munster” feet when I wore them. They would be perfect for the coming season.
    That is a great shirtdress. I have such a hard time finding one I like. Usually they are way too boxy so I keep looking for one that nips in more at the waist.
    So looking forward to Fall Fashion!!

46. August 20, 2011 at 3:29 am — Reply

You know, I think my NYC trip for IFBCon is going to be one big VG moment. I was putting outfits together today and realized everything was black – I actually said outright, “There’s no color here, Anika’s going to be so disappointed in me.” (I did fit in some animal print, though, that should satisfy her. You ladies all inspire me, what can I say?) But really, black is everything all at once. It’s chic, sophisticated, timeless, dressy, unpretentious, etc. etc. Each of my outfits seems to be revolving around black dress slacks and at first I thought that would be a huge faux pas, to be wearing the same sort of trousers every day when all the same people would see me, but one woman’s faux pas is another woman’s practicality.

Anyway, my packing troubles aside, I love this look on you! The dress is gorgeous, love DVF of course and love the uniqueness of the dress (the sleeves are my favorite). Ditto what Courtney said on the loafers – when I first saw the post title I thought, “Vahni’s wearing flats, this I gotta see!” and then when I read the line about them being high…the mind was boggled a bit there, gotta admit. They’re adorable!
    Casee Marie’s latest post: Inspired by a Lady: FTF Blog Event 8/17My Profile

47. August 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm — Reply

Actually I’m so happy to see you post a lot of black in the summer. I wear a lot of black too, and often get comments from friends – aren’t you hot? Um, no more than you. Don’t you want to wear something a little more summery? Um, no I quite like this dress thank you very much. Crazy… When I first saw these loafers I thought wow the heel, they can’t be comfortable, but I shall take your word for it. I’m after a shoe for work that has height but a chunky heel, so you might have turned me on to something here.

styleonthecouch’s latest post: Electric Blue EditMy Profile

48. August 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm — Reply

That is a great pretty look

49. August 23, 2011 at 8:48 am — Reply

Thank you all for your comments! I appreciate them and am doing my best to get out and visit all of you on your blogs.

50. August 24, 2011 at 7:58 am — Reply

Adore your LBD!! The sleeves make it so special! Go ahead and wear black all you want, V!
    Jamillah’s latest post: My Vacay in Pictures <3My Profile

• August 27, 2011 at 8:14 am — Reply

Thanks, honey! Hope you are well!