Worker V

Worker V: 2.3 (in Ann Taylor Pre-Fall 2011)

I’ve come to rely on Ann Taylor separates for work for more than a decade, because they are well-made, comfortable, a great value—and for me, there is no tailoring required. Over the years, some of the store’s collections have been better than others, but the upcoming season may well be the best, ever. Ladies, this is not your mom’s Ann Taylor!

I couldn’t believe the chic, modern, gorgeous pieces I saw when I popped into the store a couple weeks ago. It seems like the design team at Ann Taylor is finally getting what young, modern executives are looking for when it comes to building a sturdy but creative work wardrobe.

Top: Ann Taylor (As seen here, but sold out) • Pants: Ann Taylor Doubleweave Trousers with Hardware • Bag: Topshop
Heels: BCBG • Ring: YSL • Leather Bracelet: Tory Burch • Sunnies: Christian Dior

When I tried these pieces on in the store, I just could not help myself. The top and pants are very Gucci, circa Tom Ford era. The doubleweave fabric of the pants is amazing in person, with a fantastic sheen, and the perfect amount of stretch. They are fitted but generously cut, and so comfortable, even after sitting at my computer in them all day. I actually bought a matching jacket too—will have to show you the suit as soon as the temps get back to lukewarm and not boiling. Ugh.

This outfit is just the beginning of what is looking like an enviable fall selection. And with Demi Moore starring as the face of the new ad campaign, you know it has to be good. That woman is an absolute arbiter of cool. I can’t wait to see more, seriously!

Images via Ann Taylor on Instagram, via Extragram.

Excuse me, Demi. I need that cape thingy in my life…

Gucci Style iPad App—Why It Should Matter to You

The Perks and Pitfalls of Partnerships and Product Placement

1. August 3, 2011 at 12:35 am — Reply

Love this look on you, no kidding Ann Taylor is knocking my socks off with such awesome pieces!

2. August 3, 2011 at 1:10 am — Reply

Excuse me, V. I cannot, in good conscience, let you keep that cape. It’s for your own good, really. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that I intend to work it into my own rotation, perhaps over a tweed blazer and some navy slacks. Nope. Now, pardon me while I relocate it to my closet for er, uh, “safe keeping.” Yeah. That’s it.

3. August 3, 2011 at 1:16 am — Reply

All black but nowhere near boring! These pieces do look like classics that you can work into a million different looks. And those pants? They fit you like a glove!!

4. August 3, 2011 at 1:22 am — Reply

Owow she looks MONEY! Love the new direction…when I was working in retail about a decade ago, Ann T. was super duper “your Moms totally shops here” kind of shop but now I see the transition! Love the young, hip, sexy vibe…c’mon that fur?? Umm, yes please!

You look fab V! Very svelte!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

5. August 3, 2011 at 4:38 am — Reply

That little tiny metal detail is so perfect. It’s the same at the neckline of the top as well, isn’t it? So simple and beautiful.

Demi Moore looks fab in those photos by the way!

6. August 3, 2011 at 5:15 am — Reply

WOow AND Frankly better than any kind of glossy advertisings, the effortless-like way you are in symbiosis with this dark outfit (widely) talks in support of Anne Taylor creations’ “Working Girl(icious) compatibility” Dear V !!!
    * as a kind of stylish completeness

à Bientôt, Antoine

7. August 3, 2011 at 7:01 am — Reply

Loving all over that dress on Demi Moore….the gray, the fur, the fit…..it ALL works! I tend to get my staples, especially bottoms at Ann Taylor. I can always find the right fit and then it all fits in with my vintage, boho pieces! By the way, you rock the black on black. I don’t know about you, but by the end of the day, I’m wanting to shave my head!!! My long hair feels like FUR! Stay cool! ~Serene

8. August 3, 2011 at 7:47 am — Reply

You are so rocking in this look.. gorgeous pants!
    Lee x

9. August 3, 2011 at 8:22 am — Reply

Those trousers are just beautiful!!

10. August 3, 2011 at 8:27 am — Reply

Ooh your Topshop bag is delicious!

I’ve never been in Ann Taylor, must try it…

11. August 3, 2011 at 9:02 am — Reply

Wow, you are rocking this look hun!!! :)

12. August 3, 2011 at 9:19 am — Reply

WOop OR another "Working Girl(icious) Knockout" with @gritandglamour !!!

13. August 3, 2011 at 9:59 am — Reply

STOP YOURSELF LADY!!! I diiiiiie for your outfit and the way you rock it!!! Completely modern and sexytown, USA!!! You always reminded me of someone and now I know it’s Demi Moore. The awesome bod and modern aesthetic w/ edge is a huge part of it but I think you really do have that same super sexy aura.

Go Ann Taylor!!! Totally not my mama’s Ann Taylor and I WANT that trench in my life!!!

14. August 3, 2011 at 10:10 am — Reply

Absolutely love the clean lines of this outfit. You look so hot even in the work attire!

♡ from © tanvii.com

15. August 3, 2011 at 11:57 am — Reply

Merci, Antoine! RT @stilettostetico: WOop OR another "Working Girl(icious) Knockout" with @gritandglamour !!! http://t.co/gUxnbFW

16. August 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm — Reply

FRESH OUT: Worker V: 2.3 (in @AnnTaylor Pre-Fall 2011) http://t.co/8hGwqxC

17. August 3, 2011 at 12:59 pm — Reply

Your pants are amazing!!! And by the way I need to have your bag! It is ridiculous and I have to have it!

xoxo,
    Mel

18. August 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm — Reply

“@gritandglamour: FRESH OUT: Worker V: 2.3 (in @AnnTaylor Pre-Fall 2011) http://t.co/AqQE8m9”

19. August 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm — Reply

I agree that Ann Taylor has been putting out some gorgeous stuff lately – very modern, but still classic. And you look amazing in this outfit. I love black on black and this is just perfect.

20. August 3, 2011 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Love the silver detail on the shirt and let’s talk about that leopard bag miss?!? I probably sound like a broken record, but you do professional attire like nobody’s business! I’ll take orders from you any day! :)

21. August 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Demi is aging backwards!!

22. August 3, 2011 at 5:35 pm — Reply

I worked at Ann Taylor for a number of years before moving to Boston and was always impressed that the company seemed to be looking younger and more fashionable as the months went on. I went from being interested in wearing a couple things they carried to loving a good portion of the in-store collections. They are working hard to revamp their name and look. Love it! – Katy

23. August 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm — Reply

Did you steal this outfit from my closet? You must have. I wore this to work last week! HA! Ann Taylor is my go-to brand for work, I would be lost without them and I agree, they have ramped up the style quotient in recent collections!

It looks much better on you though, plus love how you accessorized as always!

24. August 3, 2011 at 8:12 pm — Reply

Whoooaaaa… the top got my attention. I’ll have to window-shop Ann soon!

25. August 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm — Reply

Just saying hello, V! Have been on a 3-month blogging hiatus. Trying to catch on all my fave blogs!

• August 9, 2011 at 7:38 am — Reply

Hi sweets! Glad you’re back!

26. August 3, 2011 at 9:59 pm — Reply

Don’t you look fantastic? I love the new pieces you picked up. I haven’t been in their store in about two months or so but will be stopping in one of their Factory stores next week. Excited to see what they have!

27. August 3, 2011 at 11:15 pm — Reply

V rocking the work clothes like no other! Worker V: 2.3 (in @AnnTaylor Pre-Fall 2011) http://t.co/EigdgMf via @gritandglamour

28. August 4, 2011 at 2:36 am — Reply

Oh hell yes! And that top is not sold out in stores, just online. :) We have plenty!!!

You look awesome and I am so excited for Demi!

• August 5, 2011 at 7:58 am — Reply

That top is so great, isn’t it? I’m so in love with it!

29. August 4, 2011 at 4:53 am — Reply

Such a chic look! I’ve never seen any Ann Taylor shops (maybe they don’t have them in the UK?) but it sounds like a great place for versatile workwear.

30. August 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm — Reply

you look very sophisticated and stylish. love that bag!

31. August 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm — Reply

I’ve always been a fan of Ann Taylor pieces, there pants are always the perfect length (I always need tall every were else) and are tailored to fit you perfectly without the tailoring price! I can’t wait to update my wardrobe for the fall after the baby come in some weeks. Ann Taylor will be my first stop after my weight lost! Love the all black you look so chic and streamlined with touches of simplicity!

32. August 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm — Reply

So, if I already own a cape coat…Can I get away with two? I WANT that now! And I totally scored at Ann Taylor this past weekend too! I got a couple of darling dresses 50% off!

33. August 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm — Reply

You’re killing it, V! Always tres chic. You must outdo everyone in your office. And Demi looks smokin’. Totally impressed with Ann Taylor lately, too.

Xo,
    Erika

34. August 5, 2011 at 8:52 am — Reply

Deeply dying over this look, Vahni! So simple, so chic! And I love the bag.

35. August 5, 2011 at 10:36 am — Reply

LOVE your look V! That purse is fantastic.

I like the cape thingy on Demi, too. Niiiiiice.

xoxo
    Cyrillynn

36. August 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm — Reply

Wowsa, they are brilliant for getting Demi in the fall campaign. I too, discovered things had changed there recently. I was floored when I came away from the store recently with a black silk romper and had to pass on a seriously chic snake necklace. I love what they have done with the place!!

37. August 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm — Reply

You look just as amazing as Demi. Ann Taylor started restructuring the design team over two years ago. Its takes a while for it all to come together but it does look fantastic.

Your Top Shop Bag is fabulous…looks very YSL.

I’m sending you an email regarding your trip to NYC.
    XO Mish

• August 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm — Reply

Thanks, Mish! Talk to you soon!

38. August 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm — Reply

those pants are boss on you!

39. August 6, 2011 at 9:49 pm — Reply

love the selection, and how the all black looks so chic. Just found a number of pieces there too.

40. August 7, 2011 at 1:42 am — Reply

OMG. I just commented elsewhere on how I got a new job, I spent most of today trying to beef up my professional wardrobe (currently composed of two pairs of pants and a few shirts, enough to have survived my first week). So now I know where to go tomorrow :D

41. August 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm — Reply

I think it was a fabulous choice to cast Demi in the adverts for this brand.
    As for your outfit well this is just perfect inspiration for me – this is just the sort of thing I love to wear to work as a psychologist, simple, chic, modern. I was after a similar pair of wide legged trousers a while back – I found it so hard to get the perfect tailored leg. I must get me to Ann Taylor!

42. August 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm — Reply

I want everything! What you’re wearing, what Demi is wearing (that cape thing too). Those trousers you’ve got on are just perfect!

43. August 8, 2011 at 12:59 am — Reply

Was thrilled to see Demi is the new face of Ann Taylor. Some day I’ll get my paws on some Ann Taylor stuff – till then I’ll admire the clothes on you!

• August 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm — Reply

I love Demi and was thrilled too. Thanks, Kavery!

44. August 8, 2011 at 2:21 am — Reply

Rawr. I don’t even have anything else to say. Really. Super hot!
    xo, f
    The House in the Clouds

• August 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Thanks, Fab, and thanks for sharing!

45. August 8, 2011 at 6:22 am — Reply

46. August 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm — Reply

Thanks, babe! RT @flyingfabu: (Hotness 2.3, actually!) Worker V: 2.3 (in Ann Taylor Pre-Fall 2011) http://t.co/nzRrsJu via @gritandglamour

47. August 8, 2011 at 11:37 pm — Reply

I live in Ann Taylor, so I love the new campaign, but you rock the bag.

48. Lynn
    August 9, 2011 at 10:56 am — Reply

LOVING those double-weave trousers! If only I was as tall as you, V! I’m a mere 5’2″ (and that’s with heels on!)…I like to call myself “vertically challenged”. Thank god for tailoring!

49. August 9, 2011 at 8:10 pm — Reply

I usually like to leave comments that have some meat and potatoes- but this is just a big old swooning comment …. YOU LOOK AHHHHH-MAZZZING in this pants!

50. August 10, 2011 at 6:30 am — Reply

Yes love, you do need that cape thing. I love Demi, but I love you more. There.

51. August 11, 2011 at 11:43 am — Reply

I’ve loved Ann Taylor for years and was treated to quite the spree when I finally was able to fit the clothes there. (Twigs was a childhood nickname.) The only gripe I have with the current campaign is that she is so photoshopped she no longer looks…well…normal. I mean she’s almost 50 and looks great for her age anyway. Why over do it?

52. August 12, 2011 at 7:59 am — Reply

Thanks, guys and dolls!

53. August 18, 2011 at 5:18 am — Reply

I love Ann, and u look so good in this outfit! But I would steal that bag from u, it’s complete eye-catcher!:0
    xoxo
    Jelena
    Jelena’s latest post: Glam & Fab Inspiration + Glam Chameleon Jewelry -> Lovely ChartreuseMy Profile

• August 23, 2011 at 4:31 pm — Reply

Thank you Jelena! So kind of you!