Congrats to Bella of The Citizen Rosebud, and Marissa of Taste & Style Files for also making the list. If you didn’t know, Marissa’s post was inspired by my post below…and she makes some wonderful points!
Edited by: Jennine Jacob of Independent Fashion Bloggers
Nothing like the end of the year to get you thinking. The holiday season is not only a time for giving, it’s a time for reflecting. Whether your giving lavish gifts or wondering if shopping takes away from the spirit of the season, or just plain having fun with all the holiday parties (it’s time to dress up!) this weeks links run the gamut from profound thoughts. Some of my favorites were how fashion has no age limit and just in time for New Year’s Resolutions, will losing weight make you happier? Of course there’s some excellent posts about fashion blogging, questioning reblogging and content ownership along and balancing your blog with your life.
Links à la Mode: December 16th
- 365 Fashion Rehab: Confession of a (Reformed) Shopaholic
- A la Modest: Quit Wearing That! You Can Still Look Good in a Potato Sack!
- Beango: A sketchbook that’s a dream gift for a fashion designer
- Button Owl: Will losing weight really make you happier?
- Dirty Hems: DIY Sweater Leggings
- Fashion Limbo: The Rant – Christmas shopping, I hate you
- Fashion Lover: Q&A Interview with Tex Saverio, Indonesian fashion designer extraordinaire who was dubbed the “Indonesian Alexander McQueen” by the internet.
- Fete a Fete: Guerlain Sur Mes Lèvres: Spring 2011 Makeup Sneak Peek
- Finding Tokyo: There’s no such thing as a fashion age limit!
- The Fashion Pawn: The B.O.B Series: The 8 Commandments of Blogging
- Grit and Glamour: Friend Friday: Let’s Stay Together
- Holier than now: Her story is history: the vintage-inspired mood board collages behind my Market Publique/Erstwhile Style vintage holiday lookbook
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How to promote your blog with an event
- Whit & Whimsy: Gift Guide from WIT & Whimsy featuring several IFB members
- Little Miss Makeup: ROCK CHIC: Runway-inspired smokey eyes tutorial
- Shrimp Salad Circus: Reblog content controversy . quality, quantity, or just crap?
- Stylebizzare: New year, new wardrobe? 7 tips to restyle your closet
- the Citizen Rosebud: Inspiration real citizens
- Taste & Style Files: If you’re neglecting your hunny, well then this one’s for you, babe! A reminder to stay in focus & in touch amidst our blogger frenzied lives
- The Coveted: Pimp your style with a feathered hat.