How about this stunning shot from Amber’s post, Friday Photo(s): Seasons of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness. And Boots. Amber, honey, you had me at boots. True Brit wit and flame red hair make Forever Amber one of my favorite new destinations.
Sacramento of Mis Papelicos pulled off an awesome DIY that involves no sewing, no cutting, no gluing, and no thumbtacks. That’s my kind of DIY. DIY for dummies. Or lazies.
This DIY works especially well if you’re Greek or Italian and have a boatload of baptismal pins lying around. See, Christians in America mostly wear a cross on a necklace and call it a day. Greeks, on the other hand, wear a cross and pin all number of anti-evil, religious charms on themselves and their children—evil eyes, the Virgin Mary, crosses, you name it. They’re usually pinned to the back of a child’s blouse—and on occasion—in the lining of a dress when one’s mother thinks one looks so incredible that it might invite spite and malicious intent. The latter happened to me not so many years ago. Mom pinned an evil eye from my baptism as a baby into a dress one night, just to keep me safe from the haters. Um, maybe I need to wear one more often. Anyway.
Check out her DIY of a D&G bag in her post, D&G meets Antigua. I’m loving the crosses pinned on with chains dangling, and Sacramento’s laceless ankle boots. It’s a good thing Sacramento has her little anti-evil talismans on her…I’m sure many a lady in her parts would be seething with jealousy over how cool a dame she is.
We’ve been on the subject of blog improvement for a few weeks now. I’m not going to bore you with any more stats, sermons, or standards. Just want to give props to these bloggers, who in the last several weeks have given their blogs major makeovers, and for the better. I am duly impressed.
- Beautifully Invisible—As I wrote last week, BI has moved to WordPress.org and re-templated. Outstanding!
- Brooklyn’s Britches—Another bloggerista I’ve referenced who renamed, rebranded, and moved to WordPress.com. She’s added a new header and refined her widgets. Lovely, Brooke!
- Fashionable Academics—New header, clean layout, and a huge dose of cheekiness over there. Adore it. Blogger at its best.
- Fashion Coconuts—Spankin’ hot new header, a new white-background layout, and the same heaping dose of snark, albeit in a sexier wrapper.
- Lee Oliveira—Moved to a self-hosted blog on WordPress.org, and did a beautiful job customizing the Thesis template. A very sexy site. Still can’t wait for LEE TV, Lee!
- Porcelain Complexion—A new header, right-rail to left-rail swap, and photos now being shot outside…right on, Julia!
- Those Graces—Formerly Beauty and the Recession, which Courtney not only renamed and domained, but moved to WordPress in a crisp new template. Lookin’ good!