Warning: This is a huge post.
This was the most hysterical and relevant post I’ve read all week: Outfit Post: Blooming Madly, by Bella of The Citizen Rosebud. You know how we’ve been talking about constructive criticism…well, another consideration is the backhanded compliment. In her post Bella wittily contemplates compliments she recently received that left her scratching her head. YOU MUST READ IT!
When the other epic Vogue editirix decides to throw a masked ball with an Eyes Wide Shut theme, you know it’s going to be a big hot, tasty, spectacle. Leave it to Carine Roitfeld to celebrate the 90th year of Vogue Paris that very way. And leave it to Anna Dello Russo to steal girlfriend’s thunder. Meow…I think I need that white wig.
See all the Vogue 90th Anniversary party images at style.com.
Friend Friday Fabulosity
I couldn’t resist sharing this image, which was included in Beautifully Invisible’s post, Friend Friday: Comments and Criticism. So apropo, my fellow bloggers, non?
And while we’re on the subject of Friend Friday, can we ALL give Katy of Modly Chic a HUGE virtual round of applause for starting Friend Friday and some truly meaningful conversation amongst fashion bloggers?Woot!
Katy’s like the Little Engine That Could. She had the courage to approach a handful of bloggers with her idea, and it has totally taken off. As Katy pointed out on Twitter last week, the last Independent Fashion Bloggers Weekly Roundup featured four Friend Friday blog posts—proof that Katy has started something big, and we’re all doing a stellar job posting content that is compelling enough to make the cut. Congrats to Katy and all those who made the list. Fantastic.
Thank you Katie of Fashion’s Maven for the Blog with Substance Award! This award stipulates that I sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five words*:
It’s supposed to be fun.
Thank you Paulette of Ms. Charm’s Chic for the Happy 101 Award! For this award, I’m supposed to name 10 things I like*:
- High, high heels.
- Dirty Bombay Sapphire martinis (with bleu cheese-stuffed olives)….aka sippin’ on gin and juice (see #3 below).
- Creme de la Mer.
- Reality TV.
Oh, wait. That was my predictable likes list. Here are 10 things I like that you probably didn’t know I like:
- Beef jerky, beef sticks, Vienna Sausages, and fried pork skins. Um, yeah. Gas station gastronomy.
- Greek soul food (basically, gut stew. Well, gut anything.). Yes, I wrote that.
- Snoop, Eminem, Dre, DMX, 50 Cent, and the like.
- Rollerball pens and highlighters.
- Anesthesia. When you need it, you are reminded it is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century.
- Being the first and the fastest to pull away from a traffic light.
- Guns, knives, studs, spikes.
- Packing my own bags at the grocery check out.
- Toiletries in triplicate. I don’t feel compelled to stockpile food, but I always have extra tissues, T.P., razors, shave gel, etc.
- When people/kids wipe out or get hit on America’s Funniest Home Videos. I can’t help it. I’m a total schadenfreude.
Another thank you goes to Veshoevius of The Taxonomy of My Wardrobe—she tagged me after giving us all a glimpse of her amazing wardrobe and life. I will respond to the questions this week!*
Whew, I’m beat. Hope y’all have a cracker of a Sunday! I’m off to play in the corn fields. Details soon.
*The G&G Award Policy: As with most awards, I am expected to pass the award on to others, but that doesn’t gel with my philosophy. Regardless, I remain grateful and immensely flattered by each award bestowed upon me…I just read too many great blogs to choose only a few for an award. I feel the best way to spread blog love is to mention stellar posts in my Sunday Coffee series, and to re-tweet posts that resonate with me.