Getting Down to Business (Cards)
This week I read two great posts on business cards, from two totally on-top-of-it bloggeristas. I have some super-simple cards myself, but Kristina’s post, My Tiny Business Cards, on Pretty Shiny Sparkly prompted me to order a set that is a little more memorable. Do check out her post to see her adorable (and professional) cards.
Why do you need business cards? Tamia answered this question in her post quite nicely:
1. It’s a tangible representation of a person and their brand.
2. It serves as a reminder for forgetful people. *coughmecough*
3. It’s like a little piece of art in your purse or pocket.
4. It makes you look professional.
Be sure you check out Tamia’s post (and killer blog) for great graphics and pointers. Here are a few of my own tips as well:
- Include your blog name, Web address and Twitter user name, if you have one.
- You don’t necessarily have to put your blog email address on your cards. I don’t since there is an email link on my blog.
- Don’t include your name on your cards if you plan to use them guerilla-marketing style. If you only include the name of your blog and URL, you can “leave” them at events or relevant locations to help boost traffic to your blog. I prefer separate cards for personal correspondence that include my name, mobile number, and personal email address.
- Remember that stationary and supplies like business cards are a tax-deductible business expense if you treat your blog as such.
Justina Leigh Stackables
Monique (of My Glamourology) is one talented little lady—and I’m not the only one who thinks so. I had this post queued from Wednesday, but A Brit Greek also posted a fab interview with Monique last Friday. Not only do I completely adore the style and sketches of this budding tween designer, I’m kinda crushin’ on her chunky Justina Leigh Stackables. Leave it to me to love anything with a chain, handcuff, or a spike. What can I say? I’m not a softie.
The bracelets are $70 for the set of three, or $27 each. You can totally expect to see me rockin’ one on the blog very soon… I just received my bracelet today and I love it! Get yours from the Justina Leigh Etsy shop.
And while we’re on the subject of Monique’s skillz, had to share her sketches with you. Love!
Aw, thanks, y’all!
A big thank you to these fantabulous bloggeristas for the Sunshine Award bestowed upon me this week:
- Veshoevius of The Taxonomy of My Wardrobe
- Courtney of Beauty and the Recession
- Sacramento of Mis Papelicos
- and Jemina
I truly appreciate the kind words you wrote about me, as well as the recognition.
A while ago I wrote that I would no longer pass on awards as stipulated because I read too many great blogs to single them out this way. I also wrote that I feel the best way to spread blog love is to mention stellar posts in my Sunday Coffee series, and to re-tweet posts that resonate with me. Doesn’t mean I’m not deeply appreciative! I just choose to take a different approach.
Happy Sunday, lovelies!