Did you miss the September 9, 2010 Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) Evolving Influence held in New York? I couldn’t go in person, but even from afar, it was a fantastic presentation. The livestream made it almost as good as being there!
If you missed the event and want to catch up, here are some ways you can…
Read the IFB Live Blogs
LIVE from #IFBCON: Bryanboy & Susie Bubble – Foot in the Door
From: Foot in The Door: Launch your new career with your blog with Susanna Lau of Style Bubble and Bryanboy.
LIVE BLOGGING: Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere
LIVE BLOGGING, Content is Queen: Amy Odell of The Cut
LIVE BLOGGING: Content is Queen, Rumi of Fashion Toast
All from Content is Queen: Captivate your audience with compelling content with Amy Odell of The Cut , Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere, and Rumi Neely of Fashion Toast.
Catch Up on the #IFBcon Tweet Stream
One of the best uses of Twitter is real-time tweeting at presentations. You get priceless kernels of information—quotes like little sound bites—that capture the most salient points of a speaker’s presentation. It is editing at its best, in my opinion.
- Read the #IFBcon list, which includes all tweets sent with the #IFBcon hashtag.
- Read VIP tweets in the IFB 2010 list on Twitter I created on Twitter that is mostly IFB con speakers and sponsors
- See who’s on the IFB 2010 list
Here are just a few excerpts of my tweets and retweets from the #IFBcon list…so many great pearls of wisdom were shared!
- AMEN! RT @fashion_spot Cupcakes&Cashmere says its all about compelling content, good photos and easily digestible layout. #IFBCON
- A correlation… @galadarling and @susiebubble were focused on WRITING about what they love, and their blogs grew from there. #IFBcon
- Is writing or photography more important on a blog? @galadarling ~ Writing is a good way of being honest and open and vulnerable #IFBcon
- @fashmarketing Recognize your users, link to their blogs and give them credit for their work. Reward your community #ifbcon #communitymanagement
- Why I spend hours responding to comments! RT @PR_Couture Cultivating community does more than shiny press placements @lookbookdotnu #IFBCon
- Being good is kind of like a get out of jail free card—Yuri Lee @lookbookdotnu #IFBcon
- It’s about a real human connection @lookbookdotnu I love Yuri Lee. #IFBcon
- Being nice will open doors…as simple as READING and RESPONDING to FEEDBACK! #IFBcon
- If you do good things & are good to other people, good things will happen to you… @lookbookdotnu My philosophy exactly! #IFBcon
- @StyleSample From Lookbook.nu: Do one thing, and do it better than anyone else. Be selective about content. #ifbcon
- @katy_rose1 AMEN. Be selective about what you give away and who you partner with! Better to hold out than sell out. #IFBcon
- RT @StyleSample Per @mrstreetpeeper he had no fashion or photography experience prior to blogging. #IFBcon