Wow, what a week. So many sites, so little time. But I do hope you like these finds…happy Sunday!
I call Target “GIRLCRACK.” It earned that nickname because almost every time a person (usually female according to my studies) goes to a Target store, they get into some sort of compulsive haze and end up spending A LOT more than they planned to in the first place. I’m talking about some serious impulse buying, like going in to pick up some tampons and leaving with $80 less in your bank account. WHY IS THAT?!
And crikey this is hot…just in at BCBG, the Spiderweb Necklace, $198. I want.
Shari of Little Blue Deer shared this image in her Shades of Gray post. This, my friends, is the body of a woman. Let’s all revel in it, shall we? I guarantee you that divine derriere is not a size 0, 2, or 4. Look closely…can you see her vertebrae? Yeah, that’s right—you can’t see bones protruding because this is the body (and booty) of a real woman. Now can I get an AMEN?
I’ve received several awards lately, and want to thank those who recognized me:
- March Musings of STYLE NUGGETS for the I ♥ Your Blog Award
- Julia of Porcelain Complexion for the I ♥ Your Blog Award
- Anika of Sweetfaced Style for the I ♥ Your Blog Award
- Jemina for the Stylish Blogger Award
- A Brit Greek for the Stylish Blogger Award
- Beautifully Invisible for the Stylish Blogger Award
- Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy for the One Lovely Blog Award
Here are the requisite seven things about me, which is part of the One Lovely Blog Award:
- I just found out the English version of my Greek name (which was created from my grandmothers’ names) actually means “voice” in Sanskrit (thank you Tanvi for telling me). I had thought it meant “fire”—but that’s only when two letters are transposed. Interesting.
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It’s all about food, fun, and you don’t need to bring a gift.
- I don’t drink dark sodas. I gave up drinking Coke waaaaaay back in junior high, I think. Ick. It’s like drinking sludge. If I have a soda, it’s Sprite Zero, 7-Up, Diet Sierra Mist, or Ginger Ale. If.
- I adore alliteration, but double entendres and oxymorons are divinely devilish.
- If I’m not wearing jewelry that mixes metals, I can’t. It’s either all gold, all silver, or all gunmetal.
I know I’m supposed to pass these awards on to my favorite blogs, but that list keeps growing and so many of you have already received these awards from me and others…isn’t that great?! I prefer not to dedicate awards to any particular blogs anymore because I really don’t want to leave anyone out, and I can’t include a miles-long list. I am an avid reader of many of your blogs, and I feel the best way to spread the love is to mention posts that resonate with me on a given day or week, and to re-tweet posts or include them in my Sunday Coffee series. Recognizing fab bloggers in that manner—because you made me think—is my way of tipping my hat to you.
That doesn’t mean I am any less appreciative, my lovelies! Thank you!