Some recent negative comments about a model’s size/weight prompted this week’s Friend Friday* topic. Not that we need any blog brouhaha to bring SIZE to the forefront; it is always brewing just below the surface of fashion’s often implausible ideals.
We were asked:
- Should someone’s size stop them from fashion blogging or having a voice in the community?
- In your opinion, can the terms “curvy” and “plus-sized” be used interchangeably when it comes to fashion?
- Many people make the argument that catering to plus sized women would promote being overweight as “okay.”
What do you think? Should more designers be catering to plus-size women?
- Should the mainstream fashion industry be showcasing more plus-size models?
- For you personally, how do you view your size, the struggle with it through the years, your ideal size, etc.
*The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Katy of Modly Chic sends us questions weekly, and we answer on our blogs.