Well, it’s been quite a week for G&G—so many super sweet comments, awards, features here and there, tweets, etc. I almost don’t know where to begin, but a huge THANK YOU to all of you who read and comment is certainly the best place to start. I am so tremendously flattered and excited by all the friendships that are being forged.
Read my interview with Tuesdai of A Reflection by Tuesdai
Tuesdai just posted an interview with meon her blog—thank you my dear! If you want to know a little more about me and how G&G came to be what it is today, hop on over and have a read. And be sure to show Tuesdai some love while you’re there!
This week I received several awards from some lovely bloggeristas, so it is my turn to pass these on.
Thank you Jemina for the I Heart Your Blog Award!
- A Brit Greek—A new blog friend I adore, who also happens to know lots of fashion industry insiders that are willing to give her—and you—the inside scoop on those jobs. Oh, and mad cake-making skills.
- Daily Diva Dish—Piper’s blog is a class act from one end to the other. Amazing imagery, inspiring quotes, an eloquent and engaging voice, and just overall visual and literary fabulousness.
- Fashion Butter—Beautiful clothing and style shot against an equally beautiful Greek island backdrop. And she is seriously funny!
- Miranda’s Style at Breakfast—I am fascinated by this blog from Miranda and Bernardo. They are so sexy, separate and together. I love Miranda’s style, and you can see the passion they have for life and each other. A remarkable blog, I say!
- PinkBow—Stunning photography from a belle of a Brit! Refinement, femininity, and scores of amazing bone china. Oh, and I another bloggeristsa whose hair I worship.
- Style Underdog—Beverly takes the art of self-deprecation to a new level. I love her honesty about where she is in life and how it impacts her style. Which happens to be minimal and functional and fantastic.
- Vogue Gone Rogue—Kristy is a gifted writer, photographer, and stylista. She’s like a blogger quadruple threat. Pretty as a picture outside, and also witty, cerebral, and creative. She has one of the most visually compelling fashion blogs out there.
Also, thank you Monique of My Glamourology for the Most Versatile Blogger Award!
- I really, really suck at simple math. This deficiency is made worse after a few drinks. To spare myself the excruciating pain of mathematics, I round up to the next dollar in my checkbook, and on my bar tab I round up then leave a 20% tip across the board.
- I’m a serious tomboy.I left this as a comment response recently, but if you missed it, I am totally into guns, knives, and weight training. Used to have a Glock 9mm. Yes I did.
- If I could bribe someone into letting me be a fashion stylist, I would. Any takers?
- I like driving fast. Really fast. Maybe this should have been part of #2. I think all my girlfriends are petrified of getting in the car with me.
- I break glasses all the time. By accident, of course. I have no idea why…it just happens. Water glasses, wine glasses, martini glasses. I think I’m up to like seven this year. Needless to say there is no Baccarat in my cabinets.
- I seriously don’t know how many pairs of shoes I have.Thank goodness I eliminate pairs pretty regularly or I’d have no room left. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m a legitimate shoe-aholic.
- I love eggs, soft-boiled or fried. I eat them almost every day.
And here are the blogs I think also deserve this award for their versatility…their posts cover all kinds of lovely things:
- Lee Oliveira—A male’s perspective of female fashion and beauty that is celebratory and not derogatory. He’s a newbie and on the right path! Plus, he offers some great tips on fashion-related topics too.
- Lovely & Lavish—Cait’s posts are truly diverse, from good reads to good eats, fantastic photos, and more.
- The Simply Luxurious Life—An inspiring collection of fashion and lifestyle imagery.
Finally, a big ol’ thank you to The Simply Luxurious Life for The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award!
- A freshly-shaved hubby. Love it when he has a clean shave and I can see his dimples!
- When you slip into bed the first time after having washed the sheets.
- That feeling when you’ve reached your destination after a long trip.
- Boots. Tall, short, and in between.
These bloggers are all pretty darn fabulous, each in their own way:
- K come Karolina—I just love this Italian bloggerista’s style and photos. Plus this post is brilliant and has provided me with a new mantra.
- Lady—Sierra is an honest and gracious writer who also happens to be totally gorgeous on the outside. I love her perspective of what a lady is and should be.
- Miss Jones & Me—Brooke strikes me as a beauty of a lass, inside and out. I like her honesty and her presence.
- Miss Vinyl Ahoy—From vintage looks, to real-time Twitter DIY hair cuts, to thumb-tack DIYs, to The Meatloafy, you never know what Suze has in store. And I like that.
- ModlyChic—I love her Friend Friday questions. They are always thought-provoking, and I sincerely appreciate her efforts to build a friendly fashion community.
- Porcelain Complexion—Great style and the face of an angel, but with some edge. Oh, and that gorgeous creamy skin! And the red hair!
- Shoe-a-Day—Wicked footwear-related wit that as a fellow shoe-aholic, I appreciate immensely.
- The Fashionable Life of a Navy Wife—Celine’s blog is not only funny, but I can see the growth within it. I’m totally loving the way she’s putting things together lately.
•• New Bloglovin’ widget ••
While we’re talking mutual blog love, I wanted to point out a new widget in the right rail. See Bloglovin’ These Blogs? Finally, Bloglovin’ has created a way for bloggers to share their list. Mind you, the widget is not perfect…every time you add someone, you have to edit the widget to include your new addition. And it doesn’t tell you who is following you, but it’s a start.
So there is my list. Are you following me and aren’t on the list? Please tell me. I definitely want to check you out too!