That’s what this week’s Friend Friday* topic is about: blogging and narcissism. Are bloggers really narcissists masquerading as Web 2.0 journos and creative expressionists? What do you think? And what does narcissism really mean?
nar·cis·sism (närs-szm) n.
1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
These are the questions we were asked…watch the vlog for my answers:
- Do you think personal fashion blogging is inherently narcissistic?
- I think we can all agree, that certainly some blogs are personal odes to the blogger. In your opinion what makes a blog narcissistic.
- Would you classify your blog as narcissistic? Why?
- How can we combat the idea that because we share personal style thoughts/pictures we are automatically full of ourselves?
- How do you explain what you do to others in a way that doesn’t come across as narcissistic?
*The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Katy of Modly Chic sends us questions weekly, and we answer on our blogs.