Elated to have been included in this week’s IFB list!
You, Only Better
Edited by: Ann Colville Somma of Holier than Now
It’s a strange culture we live in: we’re always told Just be yourself!, yet the bestseller list is chock-full of self-help books and memoirs depicting radical change. Finding the balance between total transformation and chilling in our pajamas is difficult, but that’s why I love the blogosphere. Here, inspiration is served up one manageable bite at a time. Want to save the world? Start with vintage beachwear – the purchase benefits disaster victims. Hoping your man evolves into a sharp-dressed diaper-changer? Let’s begin with a chic- and sustainable- Dad’s day gift. Looking for your dream job? Take baby steps by revamping your work wardrobe and taking notes from inspiring entrepreneurs.
Links à la Mode: June 17th
- A la Modest A Uniform Response to Chaos: Janelle Monáe
- Amateur Couture Art-inspired looks
- Awakened Aesthetic Men are notoriously hard to shop for… these gifts are all sustainable.
- Despising Life is So Passe A reminder that no gain is found without work put forth
- Dramatis Personae 10 Things Carrie Bradshaw Taught Me About Fashion
- Fabulous Finds Karl Lagerfeld says the crowd at AMfar is real and Oscar fashion is fake
- Fassonaburu Vyque looks back at five months of trying to follow strict fashion rules
- Grit and Glamour Meet Amanda of Amanda Deer Jewelry
- Holier than Now Rethinking a previously rejected look
- Hundy & Undy Casual doesn’t have to be so casual
- Market Publique Market Publique & ModCloth auction vintage beachwear to benefit disaster victims
- M.I.S.S. Interview with IFB founder Jennine Jacob
- On the Racks Finding summer outfit inspiration in the strangest of places
- Style with Benefits Father’s Day stylish gift guide by Esquire’s Best Dressed Real Man in America
- Stylish Thought How to ban boring business attire from your work wardrobe
- Tale Teller What famous designers said about fashion
- The Greyest Ghost Art meets fashion at the Whitney’s 2010 Art Party
- The Seventeen Magazine Project One high school senior lives by the dictates of Seventeen Magazine for 30 days
- Tog and Trappings Les flâneurie: How observation of life can inspire creativity