So elated to have been highlighted in this week’s Independent Fashion Bloggers Weekly Roundup!
The Love/Hate Relationship With Fashion
Edited by Debutante Clothing
I’m always complaining about going out to fashion events by myself – I just don’t have many friends that are into fashion. While some people think fashion is frivolous and contributes nothing to the world, others are curating museum exhibits featuring 20th century clothing. This week’s links made me think about the love/hate camps in fashion. Starting with Grit and Glamour’s post on bloggers getting backlash from fashion insiders, Houndstooth + Tortoiseshell’s refreshingly funny admission of Tavi envy, or Fab Lab’s hate of people who hate. But there is some love in sight – British Style Bloggers reminds us to look in the mirror and love ourselves. Enjoy!
Note from Editor : Please be sure to check out the IFB Conference at NYFW : Evolving Influence
Links à la Mode: February 4th
- A Dress & A Bike – Why breaking the love of one particular brand has been good for my personal style
- British Style Bloggers – Some gems to remember
- Debutante Clothing – Going to a Vintage Show? Insider Tips & Interview
- dirty hems – lacroix by lacroix
- Fab Blab – Why I Hate People Who Ostracize Fashion
- fête à fête – Review of Guerlain’s Spring 2010 Cherry Blossom makeup & the new Rouge G Le Brillant lipstick
- Friend in Fashion – Luxe Vintage
- grit and glamour – Fashion’s Knickers are in a Twist
- hello beauty! – Benefit Stay Don’t Stray: An innovative new primer to lock down shadows AND concealer
- Houndstooth + Tortoiseshell – Young fashion blogger incites curiousity, envy
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Get Out There : How To Cover Events Without Feeling Like an Idiot
- Lillys Roses – How to DIY your own Chanel Jade nail polish
- Mariel’s Castle – Haute Couture 101
- Model Max – MAT GORDON: The ModelWatch Interview
- Oranges and Apples – Top websites for ethical shopping
- Retro Chick – Ethical Design Spotlight – Junky Styling
- Styletastic – To fur or not to fur?
- Stylist Diva – : Are Fashion Bloggers taking over the world?
- Tatiana Supports the Arts – Etsy Window Shopping: Queen Elizabeth I Roundup
- the brooklyn posh blog – He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, red hot
- THE COVETED – Pretty Dresses at the VioletvilleVintage.com launch
- White Rabbit – The inspiration behind my Merlixa Designs millinery collection
- [the3st] – Interview with Amy Smilovic of Tibi